Turbo upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PARKER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting to see when these start showing up. I see on the 5 star tuning website it has a option for it. I think I would take it somewhere local to tune if I went that far tho. Opinions? :smiley-face-popcorn

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
I'm still waiting to see when these start showing up. I see on the 5 star tuning website it has a option for it. I think I would take it somewhere local to tune if I went that far tho. Opinions? :smiley-face-popcorn
Wait for the Ford Performance or anyone partnering with Ford. They will be able to program the ECM using a Laptop!
Right now there are a few in works. I have one on my Raptor right now from Whipple. It is the stage 1 tune. It is very impressive, but with these Tunes, I was told that you will need an aftermarket CAI because with the increased Gas you will need more Air flow. There are a few good ones out there. Do your research on them. You can't go wrong with most of them.
They did test my truck to the max of the stock Turbo last weekend. I was told that they can get around 540 hp at the flywheel.
I would stay away from attached gadgets like JMS, Scorcher seems to be working OK, but it will not get you the Hp & Tq gains that you will get from an ECM tune. It will take a 1,2,3, punch to make your truck Bad ass! 1. CAI 2. IC and 3. Tune. I will share Dyno of the final test once it is approved in R&D in Detriot. Should be 2 wks to 1 Mo......I hope! 1st testing was done in Feb. 2017 and it took 3 mo. to get the 1st tune installed and the new CAI installed. Like all new things, there can be bumps in R&D.
I am sure that cost is going to be a concern for the 1,2,3 punch.
O'yeah, there is no 70mph Tire spin...lol

Last edited:

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
Borla has them on their site for the standard Ecoboost applications. Betting they are working on the Raptor now.

I am sure it will be good!
After I posted pictures of the Whipple CAI, one person called the Hood Seal Amature.
I looked up Hood Seal and I saw that a lot the top Aftermarket designers had designed the Hood seal. I watch a video on a Mustang were a guy washed his car and the CAI Hood seal did get wet. He said it was no big deal.
Out of curiosity. I washed my Raptor yesterday evening and I used a leaf blower to blow the water off of the Grill.
There was not one drop of water on or inside the box.
I am no expert at CAI designs but I don't see any issue with the Hood Seal designs.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure it will be good!

After I posted pictures of the Whipple CAI, one person called the Hood Seal Amature.

I looked up Hood Seal and I saw that a lot the top Aftermarket designers had designed the Hood seal. I watch a video on a Mustang were a guy washed his car and the CAI Hood seal did get wet. He said it was no big deal.

Out of curiosity. I washed my Raptor yesterday evening and I used a leaf blower to blow the water off of the Grill.

There was not one drop of water on or inside the box.

I am no expert at CAI designs but I don't see any issue with the Hood Seal designs.

I saw the comment and couldn't see an issue either, I looked at it for a few minutes just to clarify the comment. I think it's fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PARKER

PARKER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait for the Ford Performance or anyone partnering with Ford. They will be able to program the ECM using a Laptop!
Right now there are a few in works. I have one on my Raptor right now from Whipple. It is the stage 1 tune. It is very impressive, but with these Tunes, I was told that you will need an aftermarket CAI because with the increased Gas you will need more Air flow. There are a few good ones out there. Do your research on them. You can't go wrong with most of them.
They did test my truck to the max of the stock Turbo last weekend. I was told that they can get around 540 hp at the flywheel.
I would stay away from attached gadgets like JMS, Scorcher seems to be working OK, but it will not get you the Hp & Tq gains that you will get from an ECM tune. It will take a 1,2,3, punch to make your truck Bad ass! 1. CAI 2. IC and 3. Tune. I will share Dyno of the final test once it is approved in R&D in Detriot. Should be 2 wks to 1 Mo......I hope! 1st testing was done in Feb. 2017 and it took 3 mo. to get the 1st tune installed and the new CAI installed. Like all new things, there can be bumps in R&D.
I am sure that cost is going to be a concern for the 1,2,3 punch.
O'yeah, there is no 70mph Tire spin...lol

I was actually hoping the company that makes the stock turbos would come out with something. I forget the name at the moment. I'm thinking that might be the easiest safest route.

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
I was actually hoping the company that makes the stock turbos would come out with something. I forget the name at the moment. I'm thinking that might be the easiest safest route.
I looked it up, it is a Phantom Turbo. It is the same part # for the f150 EcoBoost and the 2017 GT but the GT Turbo is called GTDI.
I would hope in the near future, we can upgrade to the GT Turbo. We will just have to wait and see. There are going to a lot of upgrades for us Power hungry Raptor owners!
see the link.

2017 Ford F-150 Turbocharger | FordParts.com

OP
OP
PARKER

PARKER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked it up, it is a Phantom Turbo. It is the same part # for the f150 EcoBoost and the 2017 GT but the GT Turbo is called GTDI.
I would hope in the near future, we can upgrade to the GT Turbo. We will just have to wait and see. There are going to a lot of upgrades for us Power hungry Raptor owners!
see the link.

2017 Ford F-150 Turbocharger | FordParts.com

I thought it was borg warner that made the turbos?