GEN 2 Shudder at Idle with AC on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dinoone

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still nothing from Dealer...
Ordered 5 star tuner and asked that all tunes have Idle set at 650 rpms.......

Awesome job FORD........:win:

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well we have narrowed the issue down with the rough idle/ shuddering. It seems that when the AC Compressor is on the RPMS drop significantly due to the load causing the truck to shudder at idle or when coming to a sudden stop.

I know there are a few others with this issue, but I looking for solutions other than just leave the AC off on a $75k truck. (Plus I live in New Orleans 100 degree heat & humidity plus the caliber of people around here don't lend to rolled down windows.)

Dealer said there is nothing to do about it they have tried to reprogram the truck with no success to fixing the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
havent experianced this on the new raptor and hopefully wont... but i have owned many f150's and have had this happen 2 times. Its the AC compressor. Dealer replaced it and fixed. $1100 bucks but obvious was always under warranty so free to me and ur should be too

OP
OP
dinoone

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I put my truck back to stock as for a forscan tweaks and installed the active shutter back onto the truck.

Truck is running like complete crap, even with the 5 Star tune truck was running like shit. I hoping that the local dealer can sort out what is going on. ......

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check the plugs. the 3.5's are very sensitive to plug gap. i changed the plugs in my 14eb when i noticed the rolling idle with the ac. new plugs and it was gone. it is very possible u have an out of spec plug. it is not like they check them before putting them into the motor at the factory.

Spark plug gap .030-.033 in. (0.75 - 0.85 mm)
from the manual

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
This is exactly why to stay away from the ecoboost. You will have very frequent spark plug changes since the plug gap of .030 is very finicky. Most change plugs every 20k-30k miles.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is exactly why to stay away from the ecoboost. You will have very frequent spark plug changes since the plug gap of .030 is very finicky. Most change plugs every 20k-30k miles.

You just never shut the **** up do you? The ******** that spews from your fingers is relentless. Why don't you go to the playground or something constructive where there children your age?

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol if you can't afford the $140 for plugs and boots every 30k miles or so you probably shouldn't have a truck. may i recommend a Prius sasquatch77? maybe on the Prius forums they will better receive your fear mongering.

OP
OP
dinoone

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So truck back today still running like shit dealer flashed TCM & PCM with updates. Idle is still bad and truck is sounding worst.... What a ******* fail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So truck back today still running like shit dealer flashed TCM & PCM with updates. Idle is still bad and truck is sounding worst.... What a ******* fail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Where does it sound bad? Can you record?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk