MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any type of break in time for a new Raptor prior to adding a tune. I have a Raptor being delivered about mid Apr and i already have the ngauge and tune(tune awaiting truck of course)....but i don't want to do it right off the bat if i should actually break the truck in a little.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should probably drive it for a few hundred miles to make sure everything is good before flashing it.

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently received the V3 of the 91 from MPT. Has the more aggressive throttle response, which I like. Still don't love the trans tuning. Almost like stock better. We'll see how it adapts.

I think the issue I run into with the trans tuning, is that they bumped the shift points up so high, that in the right conditions, the trans will drop down too far and grab a gear that's within 500rpm of redline, where there's no power. It'll hang there for a sec, feel flat to the driver, and then shift to the next gear.

As for ACC on my 17... I use it on my 150 mile drives two and from work, over 2 11k foot mountain passes, with no issue.

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How new is the V3 tune? I was sent something around a month ago but thought it was V2.... I will have to check

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the different versions of this tune are specific to a particular truck/person. As in my version 1 and if I ask for or they change something my version 2 and so on. Is this correct?

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the different versions of this tune are specific to a particular truck/person. As in my version 1 and if I ask for or they change something my version 2 and so on. Is this correct?

Generally speaking yes. Each person gets the MPT "baseline" tune that may or may not have the tweaks that others have asked for, so you must do your own evaluation on YOUR tune. If you request changes then you will get a rev ***.1, ***.2, ***.3, etc., until you're happy. Those changes are yours only unless it is something that HPT feels is a global change then they will roll it into their baseline tune.

I requested a linear throttle output in ALL modes, so I KNOW wtf the pedal is requesting, so I'm sure that no one else wanted that because so many like the "feeling" of 90-100% throttle plate opening with ~10% pedal input.

I'll never understand the popularity of the PC and the "boosted" throttle pedal. It isn't a strictly electronic function on newer vehicles either. You can get a increased mechanical curve on cable throttles on motorcycles and other cars too. I can see it in a drag-only vehicle where the throttle is pretty much wide-open or idle, but never on a road course or street-driven vehicle. YMMV

It's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get...

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand it completely.

Many people think that it makes their truck feel faster.

Smoke and mirrors.

Generally speaking yes. Each person gets the MPT "baseline" tune that may or may not have the tweaks that others have asked for, so you must do your own evaluation on YOUR tune. If you request changes then you will get a rev ***.1, ***.2, ***.3, etc., until you're happy. Those changes are yours only unless it is something that HPT feels is a global change then they will roll it into their baseline tune.

I requested a linear throttle output in ALL modes, so I KNOW wtf the pedal is requesting, so I'm sure that no one else wanted that because so many like the "feeling" of 90-100% throttle plate opening with ~10% pedal input.

I'll never understand the popularity of the PC and the "boosted" throttle pedal. It isn't a strictly electronic function on newer vehicles either. You can get a increased mechanical curve on cable throttles on motorcycles and other cars too. I can see it in a drag-only vehicle where the throttle is pretty much wide-open or idle, but never on a road course or street-driven vehicle. YMMV

It's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get...

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I was shaking my head up and down agreeing as I was reading this...could not agree more. Hated Throttle Tip In on 1990s GM Pickups for the same reason....I mean who wants to NOT be able to take a right or left hand turn without breaking the rear tires loose every time???

Funny you guys brought up COBB also...I could not be more impressed with their whole device and interface on my 15 Mustang Ecoboost...so I emailed them 2 months ago...same answer you guys got...it's being developed...So painfully waiting.

I was READY to pull the trigger today now that Snowmobiling is wrapping up and our big shootout is behind me...but sorry to see still many, many issues...so I guess I will continue to play the waiting game.

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was shaking my head up and down agreeing as I was reading this...could not agree more. Hated Throttle Tip In on 1990s GM Pickups for the same reason....I mean who wants to NOT be able to take a right or left hand turn without breaking the rear tires loose every time???

Funny you guys brought up COBB also...I could not be more impressed with their whole device and interface on my 15 Mustang Ecoboost...so I emailed them 2 months ago...same answer you guys got...it's being developed...So painfully waiting.

I was READY to pull the trigger today now that Snowmobiling is wrapping up and our big shootout is behind me...but sorry to see still many, many issues...so I guess I will continue to play the waiting game.

Honestly, I'd go ahead and tune it now. The "issues" you're seeing is what happens when you try to generic tune by email. It took me 3 tunes to get the truck where I want with MPT. Sure, dyne would probably be overall a better option, but for $700, it's well worth it how it is.

bdub85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ran their trucks at the strip to get some 1/4 mile times? Just curious what these trucks do with the MPT tune vs stock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter