Livernois tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed on livernois’s Website they have remote tuning available for both the 17’s and 18’s available.

Bevan11

Reaction score
Nice Call

Just noticed on livernois’s Website they have remote tuning available for both the 17’s and 18’s available.
50hp and 80tq seem pretty low! Intercooler may actually provide better numbers to a tune than I thought.

OP
OP
H

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was expecting a little more from them. I was thinking it would have been in the 60 to 70 hp and 100 lb/ft area. Personally Ive been super satisfied with Livernois and currently have two ecoboost's tuned by them.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had Livernois tunes on my 2011 Ecoboost. They made good power without pushing it too far. I was pretty happy with their tunes except for an occasional shifting glitch.
I went with MPT tunes on my 2014 Ecoboost and was much happier with them. It made more power and shifted better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke with Livernois today and found out that this is only for the engine tuning currently and not the transmission. THis is why the numbers are a little lower than anticipated. Once the transmission tune is worked out and available they will update the tune and there would be an increase in both HP and torque (didn't ask the increase).

srgdrum

Reaction score
I have a Livernois mycalibrator tuner from my old 2014 Explorer Sport. It is unmarried and that truck is long gone. Can it be re-used for my new 2017 Raptor? What do I need to do?

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't be cheap. Go with Whipple and you'll get more power with their intercooler and intake stage 1 package. You can barely even feel 50HP and it would be even less after the crappy stock intercooler gets heatsoaked from pushing it harder than stock. This dyno chart was probably taken when the trust was cooled down too.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't be cheap. Go with Whipple and you'll get more power with their intercooler and intake stage 1 package. You can barely even feel 50HP and it would be even less after the crappy stock intercooler gets heatsoaked from pushing it harder than stock. This dyno chart was probably taken when the trust was cooled down too.

Actually, the way we test is done differently than almost anyone out there. We have been doing the EcoBoost platform longer than anyone else out there, and know how to properly test these for proper validation. As for the intercooler, it's actually not horrible on these, but we do offer a solution for that as well.

BTW, I am sort of chuckling that we are somehow the cheap option. I don't think I have ever seen that implied in 12 years of being here. Great value? worth the money? pricey but worth it? never cheap...

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, the way we test is done differently than almost anyone out there. We have been doing the EcoBoost platform longer than anyone else out there, and know how to properly test these for proper validation. As for the intercooler, it's actually not horrible on these, but we do offer a solution for that as well.

BTW, I am sort of chuckling that we are somehow the cheap option. I don't think I have ever seen that implied in 12 years of being here. Great value? worth the money? pricey but worth it? never cheap...

I am considering a tune. In your opinion, is your tune better than 1. The Whipple tune 2. the Roush tune 3. the MPT tune ? If so in what way?

OP
OP
H

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll be going Livernois again. Nothing against the other tuners but I have two ecoboost platforms currently tuned by them and have been very happy with all aspects of their business. Yeah I don’t have anything to compare them to but I don’t want to go down the path of “I wish I had stayed with them”. I have around 75k to 80k miles on the two combined with “knock on wood” zero issues.