GEN 2 High altitude tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lnferno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live at 7000’ altitude. I’m wondering if anyone is tuned at high altitude? If so, what tune? One of the off-the-shelf tunes or custom tune?

I’m not super convinced that the off the shelf tunes are good for high altitude, so exploring custom tuning options.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I live at 7000’ altitude. I’m wondering if anyone is tuned at high altitude? If so, what tune? One of the off-the-shelf tunes or custom tune?

I’m not super convinced that the off the shelf tunes are good for high altitude, so exploring custom tuning options.

Out of curiosity, where do you live at 7000' altitude?? :smile:

taoseno

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am at 7000 ft in Taos, NM. Subscribing to this thread.......

OP
OP
lnferno

lnferno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got in contact with AJPTurbo from the Ecoboost forum. He’s custom tuned a ton of the 3.5l EB engines. He’s done high altitude tuning as well. He’s our man!

You do the data logging with a Sct x4 device. Send him the logs and he’ll go through a few revisions with you to get it custom tuned and dialed in.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
What exactly would a high altitude tune do and would it create drive ability issues st sea level? 6200 feet her in CA.

OP
OP
lnferno

lnferno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What exactly would a high altitude tune do and would it create drive ability issues st sea level? 6200 feet her in CA.

It would accomplish just about what an off-the-shelf tune would accomplish, but in a safer way as the tune would be specific to your truck at your altitude.