First big turbo gen2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know what the injector duty cycle is at? I’m curious if there is enough “headroom” to use E-85.

Can you post a dyno graph? I’m curious what the powerband looks like.

In tank fuel pump won't support full e85 on stock turbos when power is pushed.

JeremyFXDWG

Reaction score
Do you know if they are going to make some individual raptor parts like a down pipe? I had their DP on my last f150 and it was nice and very well made.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok...

Let’s be realistic... MPT makes a great tune. Their tune pushes the stock turbos and stock parts to the limit.

It makes 50 horsepower less and at least 75lb*ft of torque less and that’s not the whole story.

It may well be with the upgrades that his horsepower is over a broader power band too. Without the graph, no one knows.

I’m a huge fan of MPT, but if you have the money to spend... this is going to make your truck faster.
It’s comparing apples to oranges.

In the real world you’d be staring at his tail lights all day long.

The kit certainly catches my eye... but I’m not going to lie.... and let’s not derail the thread with a flame war.... I’m not gonna lie... I’m watching closely at what Dodge does with a Hellcat powered Raptor competing Rebel TRX. If it’s what I think it could be... a few things are going to happen... the raptor is going to seriously lose some resale value... and there are guys like me who want the next best thing who will have to post in a new forum. :p
It could come with 600whp from the factory... let alone the tunes available... oh and that sweet sound...

Ok I’ll stop.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Gosh.... MPT.... again.

Attachments

• C03B5BE1-8E5F-43DA-98CC-010C6A5E02BA.jpeg
    C03B5BE1-8E5F-43DA-98CC-010C6A5E02BA.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 361

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
10k is nuts. Looks pretty but expected more power for that cost. Makes me miss the bmw platform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a little disappointing especially when you consider that a 2018 F150 5.0 with a whipple and no other mods is making 650 RWHP. Much more power and better drive-ability. Sigh.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t say I don’t disagree that you are ultimately limited by 3.5 liters.

It’s a relatively small engine for the amount of power it can produce.

My truck, tuned, some basic bolt ons.... is a blast on the street, but the power is a little twitchy and you know you are driving a turbo. I’m very happy with it.

It is a little disappointing especially when you consider that a 2018 F150 5.0 with a whipple and no other mods is making 650 RWHP. Much more power and better drive-ability. Sigh.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok...

Let’s be realistic... MPT makes a great tune. Their tune pushes the stock turbos and stock parts to the limit.

It makes 50 horsepower less and at least 75lb*ft of torque less and that’s not the whole story.

It may well be with the upgrades that his horsepower is over a broader power band too. Without the graph, no one knows.

I’m a huge fan of MPT, but if you have the money to spend... this is going to make your truck faster.
It’s comparing apples to oranges.

In the real world you’d be staring at his tail lights all day long.

The kit certainly catches my eye... but I’m not going to lie.... and let’s not derail the thread with a flame war.... I’m not gonna lie... I’m watching closely at what Dodge does with a Hellcat powered Raptor competing Rebel TRX. If it’s what I think it could be... a few things are going to happen... the raptor is going to seriously lose some resale value... and there are guys like me who want the next best thing who will have to post in a new forum. :p
It could come with 600whp from the factory... let alone the tunes available... oh and that sweet sound...

Ok I’ll stop.

The Ram Rebel TRX could have 1000HP, 18" of travel and King 4.0s. It would still be a Ram, so no thanks. You couldn't give me a Mopar, the company who's slogan for fit and finish is "It fits. We're finished." If you actually take a Ram off road, make sure you don't go anywhere the tow truck can't reach.