Sub Zero Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
killer chiller maybe not needed since with an upgraded h/e the iat2s are pretty good. (If thats where its helping)
I have one in the lightning and it keeps the furnace kenne bell under control, but it does put extra stress on the ac and the cabin temps do suffer.
Also if its the same setup as my lightning which not sure since mine cools the intercooler fluid, but it along with the h/e was inefficient since technically the h/e adds heat in that loop. So in my truck the h/e is deleted.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
killer chiller maybe not needed since with an upgraded h/e the iat2s are pretty good. (If thats where its helping)
I have one in the lightning and it keeps the furnace kenne bell under control, but it does put extra stress on the ac and the cabin temps do suffer.
Also if its the same setup as my lightning which not sure since mine cools the intercooler fluid, but it along with the h/e was inefficient since technically the h/e adds heat in that loop. So in my truck the h/e is deleted.

I had a big one in the Harley F150 (4 door Lightning), just don't remember the brand off hand. Had a big opening to add ice.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just picked up a 23 and my #4 Raptor. All I can say I'm happy I got rid of the TRX. Ford makes the best trucks on the planet and these raptors fit like a glove.

With that said and living in Houston I want to address cooling as e85 is definitely down the road.

Here what I'm going to start with and let me know what you think.

PARTS LIST:
1- Full Race Radiator (ran one in the Gen 2)
2- Full Race Intercooler or AMS (Ran FR last time) (AMS seems to be the largest but FR quality is amazing)
3- Full Race Trans Cooler
4- Killer Chiller Universal kit w/drag pack
5- possibly Snow **** kit (running it in my GT2 4.0 stroker and it's the balls)

I have a built RMB Short block and upgraded garret turbos with all the ecutraments such as boost tubes and hpfp, injectors, ect... that was purchased for my 19.

Figured I would just start slow with plug and play cooling mods above, then goose tune e85 with fuel upgrades. I'd like to see what kind of power this would make before running the turbos then eventually the short block with some head work.

A lot of this is sunk cost as all of this was brought and never used. Sold the old truck for the trx and shelved the project. Now that I'm back in the Gen 3, figue why not. I think this truck can hang with the TRX if done right. Have dyno numbers from the trx with mods if anyone is interested. I'd like to hit those numbers or better in the new truck.

I realize the tune will determine a lot but I'm willing to wait and just start with the above.

Alright, let me have it.
Great, that’s how you handle cooling!!

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a big one in the Harley F150 (4 door Lightning), just don't remember the brand off hand. Had a big opening to add ice.
what im talkin about is the killer chiller that taps into the a/c to help lower the iat2s. Mine does it cooling the intercoolant, but for air to air i guess its the same way?
And yeah i have the similar JLT one in mine, with a pita latch system to open it.

OP
OP
GoMuscles

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the one I'm looking at. Also in discussions with them as they apparently have been looking at this platform.

Appreciate all the conversation gents.

rog7254

Reaction score
Just picked up a 23 and my #4 Raptor. All I can say I'm happy I got rid of the TRX. Ford makes the best trucks on the planet and these raptors fit like a glove.

With that said and living in Houston I want to address cooling as e85 is definitely down the road.

PARTS LIST:
2- Full Race Intercooler or AMS (Ran FR last time) (AMS seems to be the largest but FR quality is amazing)

I have a built RMB Short block and upgraded garret turbos with all the ecutraments such as boost tubes and hpfp, injectors, ect... that was purchased for my 19.

Figured I would just start slow with plug and play cooling mods above, then goose tune e85 with fuel upgrades. I'd like to see what kind of power this would make before running the turbos then eventually the short block with some head work.

A lot of this is sunk cost as all of this was brought and never used. Sold the old truck for the trx and shelved the project. Now that I'm back in the Gen 3, figue why not. I think this truck can hang with the TRX if done right. Have dyno numbers from the trx with mods if anyone is interested. I'd like to hit those numbers or better in the new truck.

I realize the tune will determine a lot but I'm willing to wait and just start with the above.

Alright, let me have it.

PARTS LIST:

Alright, let me have it.
Hi GoMuscle
How is your Sub Zero Raptor mods coming around, any updates?
I'm very interested in your Sub Zero Mods on the radiator, trans cooler & intercooler on my Raptor too.
Also, what do you think about the oil cooler upgrade on our gen3?
thank

OP
OP
GoMuscles

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi GoMuscle
How is your Sub Zero Raptor mods coming around, any updates?
I'm very interested in your Sub Zero Mods on the radiator, trans cooler & intercooler on my Raptor too.
Also, what do you think about the oil cooler upgrade on our gen3?
thank
Thanks brother, I'm collecting the parts rt now and was somewhat waiting on Goosetune as I've got a 23. I was hoping to install and tune so I could have before and after dyno numbers as well.

I've got 500 miles on the truck rt now. Kinda want to see if I have any trans issues before destroying the warranty too.

So that's where I'm at. Probably a few weeks away from install...