Sub Zero Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z7What

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How exactly do you plan to use a Killer Chiller that works on a Water to Air Intercooler system on a system thats Air to Air?

Wayne

OP
OP
GoMuscles

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How exactly do you plan to use a Killer Chiller that works on a Water to Air Intercooler system on a system thats Air to Air?

Wayne
That's a good point. I was under the impression it was using coolant to lower AITs. I read over the Full Race website and you are right. It appears to be Air to Air.

There is no tuning for this at the moment, so I'm just collecting parts. I'm even hesitant to do the intercooler as it's going to throw codes from removing the fan shutters until we have tuning support.

Revs2ninegrand

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a good point. I was under the impression it was using coolant to lower AITs. I read over the Full Race website and you are right. It appears to be Air to Air.

There is no tuning for this at the moment, so I'm just collecting parts. I'm even hesitant to do the intercooler as it's going to throw codes from removing the fan shutters until we have tuning support.
I have an aftermarket IC with shutters removed without any codes or tuning fyi

Z7What

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The KC uses your AC to chill the Intercooler water in a system with a water to air intercooler. The Raptor has an air to air so the KC won’t work. If there was a company that made a water to air intercooler system for this truck then you could but I’m unaware of anyone making that.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The KC uses your AC to chill the Intercooler water in a system with a water to air intercooler. The Raptor has an air to air so the KC won’t work. If there was a company that made a water to air intercooler system for this truck then you could but I’m unaware of anyone making that.
I think they might do this after the current intercooler.
I think this is geared toward street or drag racing. It a fancy ice box. They are taking advantage of cool piping and exchangers but can’t sustain the cooling long term under max load.

Z7What

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they might do this after the current intercooler.
I think this is geared toward street or drag racing. It a fancy ice box. They are taking advantage of cool piping and exchangers but can’t sustain the cooling long term under max load.
I know what a KC is and how it works. I had one on my Gen2 Lightning Swapped F150. It only works on water to air intercooler systems! Unless a company comes out with a water to air intercooler system for the Raptor a KC will not work ever.

Air to air intercoolers are more efficient on the street so I doubt you will see someone come out with a water to air kit.

Wayne

OP
OP
GoMuscles

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jesus- 722 to all 4 wheels!!!! Wtf was that like driving? Any concern of grenading diff/axles/T-case/TC/trans etc?

That must’ve been a hoot to drive
Steven and his guys are batting 100% for me right now. His tunes are not wild and his guys are through. I wasn't co corned with the drive lines as long as I was running street tires. It's just spinning and I drive like a grandma for the most part.

The truck was quick, seriously quick. Stopping and turning were white knuckle events. The lack if refinement in the rest if the truck made it feel very off balance. It was this way to me stock and the extra hp exacerbated it that much more. Hence the reason I sold it and got a gen 3.