DIY bumber kits coming later this year or early 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
Hey Gen 2 owners,
I have been doing some research for DIY custom bumper kits for the 2017 Raptor. I just talked to Mariah from Move bumpers, she said they are working on a Cad program for the Gen 2. I also asked if they would sell me a download of the Cad program and at no surprise! She said NO!
It looks like they have Gen 1 bumper kits. The Price looks good compared to 2k!
It looks like I will either wait for the release of the Gen 2 kit and reverse engineer it. or purchase an ADD bumper! It will come down to patience...lol! I have access CNC Plasma and a CNC Plasma operator that can write a program.
https://www.movebumpers.com/buy-diy-bumper-kits

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Shame those are all ugly as ****. Get yourself a tube bender and have at it.

Agreed. These trucks look way better with tube bumpers on them IMO. Those bumpers aren't a bad deal for a weld-it-yourself bumper if you're looking for that style. That metal wouldn't cost you that much to buy though.

OP
OP
M

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
Wow! I am sooooo sorry for posting this DIY link......"NOT" As we can see we already have the Negative haters! The Gen 1 guys don't have anything better to do than troll on the Gen 2 page! Hate all you want! I will keep researching and sharing! Why don't you Gen 1 guys give this practice a try! Who knows, you might feel better!!!
For those of you Gen 2 owners who don't have a tube bender! but can weld and can do basic fab. There are options out there!
We will just have to wait and see what the 2017 bumper kits look like!

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow! I am sooooo sorry for posting this DIY link......"NOT" As we can see we already have the Negative haters! The Gen 1 guys don't have anything better to do than troll on the Gen 2 page! Hate all you want! I will keep researching and sharing! Why don't you Gen 1 guys give this practice a try! Who knows, you might feel better!!!
For those of you Gen 2 owners who don't have a tube bender! but can weld and can do basic fab. There are options out there!
We will just have to wait and see what the 2017 bumper kits look like!

They are ******* ugly though......"NOT" seriously though they're ******* ugly

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Holy shit dude take a ******* xanax and chill out. Why don't you give not being triggered a try?

You say you can fab, but you need to buy someone's shit to copy? We were encouraging you to be creative and not do 'Bumper-paint-by-numbers' obviously that's very offensive to you.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptors are not farm trucks or rock crawlers and deserve something that fits with the rest of the styling of the truck.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Tools are pretty cheep:

Tubing Roller

That will let you do the large radius top tube!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CVDNDWQ/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

That will let you build light hoops etc to go on the top tube.

Once you have that investment you can make rear bumper to match, a nice bed cage, etc etc, and save yourself thousands of bucks.

Go forth and make some cool shit, if people like it they may pay you to make them one!

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Things thus far...

- MadRaptor65 posts.
- People make suggestions as to how to do it better
- MadRaptor65 hears none of it and types! with!! tons! of exclaimation points!!!
- Nobody does anything particularly offensive, people suggest calm
- Madraptor65:

giphy.gif

OP
OP
M

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
Raptors are not farm trucks or rock crawlers and deserve something that fits with the rest of the styling of the truck.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Tools are pretty cheep:

Tubing Roller

That will let you do the large radius top tube!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CVDNDWQ/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

That will let you build light hoops etc to go on the top tube.

Once you have that investment you can make rear bumper to match, a nice bed cage, etc etc, and save yourself thousands of bucks.

Go forth and make some cool shit, if people like it they may pay you to make them one!
Agree! and thanks for sharing your Idea! My goal is to just share info that I come across! It is up to individuals to pick what they like or what they can afford! Being that I have access to design a cool bumper with cool graphics, I am going to share what I come up with, once the basic program is written, we can make custom graphics! I will share the cad program with other Gen 2 owners. I will post pictures of the design and get census from Raptor owners! I don't want to make money on others! The reason I joined this forum was to share, see others ideas and a positive experience! I am surprised by how guys just come out and say basically my idea is F_cking stuped! I wouldn't go on anyones thread and call their Idea F_cking what ever! I don't see any reason to have to use the F-word on anyone trying to make things better and sharing their success or failures!