GEN 2 AFE MACH Force 3.5" Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottB

Reaction score
Just got home from having the AFE March Force exhaust installed on my new 17' Raptor and the tone is great but wow it is so loud in the cab. On the highway, I had to turn the radio up to 25+ or keep the freeway speed under 68mph. Around 75mph it was unbearable. Even a slow acceleration is pretty loud. Called AFE to ask if this was accurate but sounded a little surprised themselves. I knew it would be a little throatier but didn't expect this as I have the exact same exhaust on my 16' Platinum Ecoboost. AFE was super cool and will let me return it but with how happy I am on the 16' platinum, I'm scratching my head. Just to make sure I wasn't crazy I dowloaded a decibal tester on my iPad (I know, not the most accurate way) and tested my Supercharged Jaguar XJ with Magnaflow duals, 16' Platinum EB and the 17' Raptor. Jaguar averaged 79.4db with 93.4 max. 16' Platinum EB averaged 79.6 with a max of 92.2 and the Raptor averaged 86.8 with a max of 92.9. Did not test the highway speeds yet but I will. Just wondering if anyone else out there has had the same experience? Kind of hoping I got a bad muffler, if that is even possible. On a good note the performance gain seemed awesome which was the reason for the purchase, just not sure I can deal with the highway noise this exhaust produces.

On another note, I had the SVC C.A.S. system installed today as well and wow it is awesome. Will post a thread to the suspension side. Thanks in advance for any advice.

IMG_2797_zpsciqqw5jk.jpg

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I called aFe they told me it would drone... So I opted for Borla and it's been amazing. No drone, amazing quality.

Here's my review. Would love if you could do a review of the aFe?

https://youtu.be/Efga-w8HiZg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
When I called aFe they told me it would drone... So I opted for Borla and it's been amazing. No drone, amazing quality.

Here's my review. Would love if you could do a review of the aFe?

https://youtu.be/Efga-w8HiZg

"I'm not in my 20's anymore" could've fooled me.... [emoji6]. Nice video man thanks! I'm interested now.. didn't think they sounded that good on Borla's promo videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah they really did a great job. I cannot wait to see the tailpipes live.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your spl reading is right, it's 4x louder on average on the Raptor than your other vehicles... but 93db isn't that loud. Maybe you aren't in your 20s either. :)

OP
OP
S

ScottB

Reaction score
If your spl reading is right, it's 4x louder on average on the Raptor than your other vehicles... but 93db isn't that loud. Maybe you aren't in your 20s either. :)

HAHA, got me! Not too far removed from my 20's but yea I was more looking for a light to medium rumble with the extra performance like the Platinum. Will see if I can get used to it...

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I took my wife out in it tonight, she's heard all kinds of exhausts.. I didn't mention it at all, normally she'd call it out if it was annoying. We had conversation, it wasn't loud in the truck.. when I floored it you can hear it but it is definitely not overpowering.

OP
OP
S

ScottB

Reaction score
Well I took my wife out in it tonight, she's heard all kinds of exhausts.. I didn't mention it at all, normally she'd call it out if it was annoying. We had conversation, it wasn't loud in the truck.. when I floored it you can hear it but it is definitely not overpowering.

Good call. I'll try the wife test.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Judge, jury, and arbitrator of return policies!