What I learned from this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaeGun

Reaction score
After 6 months and 4 days, my AG SCREW finally arrived at the dealer. I expect to take it home within the next few days. The process was frustrating and it still perplexes me as to how and why it took so long. What did I learn?

Ford should communicate better with its dealers regarding orders placed by customers. To this day, I'll bet most dealers either have no clue regarding the CF package and Beadlock issues that seemingly hold up orders or they found out about these issues from the good folks who frequent this forum. There is no good reason from a customer service perspective that a special order placed in July should've had to remove CF and Beadlock to get built when stock orders were rolling off the convoys at the dealerships weeks ago with at least one if not both of these options. That being said, I guess it kind of makes sense from a marketing perspective to have trucks with slick options sitting at dealerships as window candy in order to drum up interest and move units. Just not good customer service.

At least with Ford, my advice for those in the market who want their truck ASAP is to secure a purchase from the dealer of one of their stock orders as opposed to special ordering if you really want to be "one of the first." You can always add bells and whistles later to "make it your own" if it does not have every option you would've wanted, just like those who are adding OEM CF trim and beadlock wheels by getting them after-market just weeks after this truck has rolled out.

I am grateful for the Ford Service Facebook folks. Very responsive, gave me accurate updates on status of my order when they had them, often before my dealer did. They should expand their ability so that they can notify customers of material holds or option shortages.

Finally, A lot of ire is directed at the dealerships regarding the order delays and confusion about option delays/holds. I suggest you save that frustration for FORD. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of other reasons to get angry at dealerships (I'm thinking of those who've had their orders "sold" out from underneath them only to be left high and dry) but these order delays and lack of communication I think are mostly a Ford corporate issue. Also, dealerships are out to make money. Don't get too upset if they are asking an outrageous amount. If you are not willing to pay their premium to be one of the first to have a product like this, no one is forcing you. You can look elsewhere...or wait. As has been stated, it is only a matter of time before you'll be able to get one of these at a good deal and instead of reading threads on "MSRP deals", the forums will be full of threads on "Invoice deals".

Thanks to all of the knowledgeable and tenacious forum-goers from whom I learned a lot about this process. I'm sure I'd still be waiting for my order and wondering if it'll ever get built had I not gotten info from some of you good folks. Kudos to you all. Glad I was able to vent my frustrations here also. Kept me sane.

Now, off to enjoy my badass truck...soon.

OCMDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are badass... my wife and I usually get caught up for an hour.or so every weekend by someone who has a bunch of questions and comments about the 17 Raptor...

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dont get mad at Ford and tell them what they should do.

Why should they change anything? They are selling as many as they can make. So if you dont like the way they are doing it, then dont buy one. No one is forcing you.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
@03Darin had some good insight on how to make some suggestions for the future to Ford. Definitely provide feedback.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of all of the manufacturers Ford would most certainly be one of the few that I would take the time to give feedback to as they actually give a shit and they do largely try to follow what customers are looking for. Share your concerns with Ford, they WILL be heard. You'll probably get a generic response but trust and believe Ford knows this whole launch was a huge shit show and I am sure they looking at making changes for the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter