GEN 2 Upgraded my Gen 2 & my 1st couple enhancements (i wouldnt qualify as mods)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mj1anderson

Reaction score
Hey gang!
Upgraded from my Black 2017 to Blue 2019. Got her two weeks ago and she only has 29,000 miles.
802A of course, fully loaded with the Recaros (which I love).
Added the newer version of the bedrug last week (ruberized floor vs old carpet like floor material) and installed XL Rokbloks yesterday due to the Goodyear Territory MT's propensity to sling pebbles everywhere.
I will say though the Territory MT'S ride better and are quieter than I expected!
I like the fit and finish and the look Of the RokBlokz.
I know mudflaps are "controversial" on this forum but for all my hunting and fishing exploits in the Black Hills of SD i felt i needed em...
Have a Diamondback Switchback cover tonneau on order and am researching new light kits, both pods and grille.
My old set up had 30" baja designs led lightbar behind the grill and rigid pods.
Think I'll go Baja led bar again with either baja or diode dynamics pods.
I'm interested in feedback if anyone wants to share their experiences!
Feels nice to upgrade to the live valves and Recaro's
I love em both...
Pics of the old and new as well as the flaps and rug...
20230727_155036.jpg20230805_133234.jpg20230803_130626.jpg20230806_184331.jpg

OP
OP
Mj1anderson

Mj1anderson

Reaction score
Seems we share more than blue Raptors
Both "semi" retired happy/ grumpy old guys
I retired in 2019 after 35 years @ UPS. But can't sit still and find myself constantly working with and for friends of mine.
But I love it!

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Happy new Raptor day.

I would go with Baja, hands down over DD. I had the Rigid pocket kit but went full send with LP9s. If keeping the stock bumper I would get the Baja pocket kit from SPV.

OP
OP
Mj1anderson

Mj1anderson

Reaction score
Happy new Raptor day.

I would go with Baja, hands down over DD. I had the Rigid pocket kit but went full send with LP9s. If keeping the stock bumper I would get the Baja pocket kit from SPV.
Thanks Nex
I'm going to call John @ SPV tomorrow and discuss with him
I was already leaning toward baja just unsure of the exact set up...

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Squadron pro spot
Squadron sport yellow combo
S2 sport wide

That would be my suggestion but let us know what you end up with.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
@smurfslayer i know the "code" man!
i posted 4 pics
Did they not come through?!

Yup! When you actually reduce the pool by purchasing a new to you Rap, it’s #OneLessprius. A trade or sale / purchase doesn’t reduce the pool, so #SameNumberOfprius.

both are better than the dreaded prius pic...

:cool:

Think I'll go Baja led bar again with either baja or diode dynamics pods.
I'm interested in feedback if anyone wants to share their experiences!

B/D are great if you can afford them. There’s always a 2nd mortgage, AMIRITE?
Honestly, The S8 behind the grille was 2nd or 3rd light I did and still on the truck. I don’t think I’d go that route again.

I’d go... pocket lights - SAE / combo sq pro / wide corner sq pro. The SAE are a good add for me because we get some pretty legit fog in the hinterlands of TX. Optional if you don’t really need a road legal pair of lights. The wide corners through light everywhere but not very far out, the combos push just a little further out. All of these lights are too low to get serious distance out of. Sure, you can mount up squadron pro spots, but they’re pretty easily obstructed.

The S8 is the same relative height as the headlights, but, unless you whack the grille to give the light unobstructed projection, you’ll lose all manner of distance from the grille mounted S8. If I had a spare front grille, I might what the area in front of the s8.

Instead of the S8, I’d go straight to pillar mounted XL80’s, in spot lens. These will allow you to burn the fur off squirrels at just over 50 yards. Seriously, they push light further than I can make out fine detail, and, they’re higher up than the head lights so offer a far less obstructed beam.
<shameless plug> I have a set of b/d SAE for sale in the garage sale section if you’re interested </shameless plug>