What do the 'short' guys do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up my truck last night and today I was looking at the Oil fill (could they make it smaller?) and noticed that I had to stand on my tip toes to pull the dip-stick!. I'm 6'3" and I said to myself, dang, shorter guys will need a step ladder to check the oil!

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Picked up my truck last night and today I was looking at the Oil fill (could they make it smaller?) and noticed that I had to stand on my tip toes to pull the dip-stick!. I'm 6'3" and I said to myself, dang, shorter guys will need a step ladder to check the oil!

That is exactly what I'll have to do. I can barely see into the engine compartment while standing on my tip toes.

OP
OP
Kowboy17

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn didn't think I'd have this problem being 6'2 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's what I had originally thought (having a 12'). Opened the hood, looked left (not there..lol) and then looked right and thought, WTH!. got on my tip toes and reached in......long way back! I can tell you this, you won't be guiding the stick with your opposite hand while pushing it in...lol. Here's who I feel bad for......that poor 5'8" Ford Service Mech all day loooonnng.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
that's what I had originally thought (having a 12'). Opened the hood, looked left (not there..lol) and then looked right and thought, WTH!. got on my tip toes and reached in......long way back! I can tell you this, you won't be guiding the stick with your opposite hand while pushing it in...lol. Here's who I feel bad for......that poor 5'8" Ford Service Mech all day loooonnng.

Hahah right! He probably runs to the ******* every time a raptor pulls in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do the 'short' guys do? Tell her it's not the size of the boat, but the motion of the ocean? Not that I've had experience with such things, of course... ;-)

Seriously, as a short (5' 8") guy, I have grown adept at devising makeshift measures to overcome my lack of altitude. FWIW, I have some ~8" square blocks of wood just inside the garage door that I can stand on for this sort of thing... or kneeling on the bumper, or standing on a tow hook, or...