Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dextron

Reaction score
As many (most?) people here seem to have purchased their Raptors somewhere other than their local dealer I am wondering how warranty issues go if you bring the truck to a dealer you did not buy it from. Either on the road trip home or if their is a problem later and the dealer you bought from is on the other side of the country. Maybe this is not a problem - I just have never had to deal with Ford warranty.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ve used non-local dealers before / and dealers I hadn’t bought from. Heck, I used to live next to a dealer for a few years and their service dept. did all sorts of work for me - some of it aftermarket parts installs, track prep, and they were really great about it. I had a guy who pretty much always worked on my car, and the service advisor was also very good. With the aftermarket stuff I just asked them for a “Go / no-go” as to whether they would do it. Most they did, but a couple things they weren’t comfortable with due to the complexity. My guy could do it - his dragster was frequently in back of the service bays, but some things the dealer didn’t want to get into. I understood and thought they were pretty good about it rather than just blindly saying yes and then ******** it up. I did eventually become a customer, buying my Lightning from them.

As with many things in life, being on good terms with the staff who work on your stuff is something that never hurts.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shouldnt be a problem, the warranty is from Ford, not your dealer. You can take it to any dealer and the dealer will get paid by Ford for any work that is covered under warranty.

Some dealers are friendlier than others, many wont care who you purchased the truck from since any work they do is typically paid.