GEN 2 Trust the Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to finally take my truck off road last weekend.

Sand roads, some muddy and deeply rutted trails, filled with water and a sandy hill at around a 13-15 degree incline. I learned that the truck was more skilled than I was and to trust the modes Ford configured in the truck. First time on the hill I tried 4 High and ended up fighting traction control and backed down. Then decided to use mud and sand and it made it to the top without breaking a sweat.

Went through some very muddy and rutted trails without even breaking a sweat in that mode as well.

Used Baja mode on some two tracks and the revs allowed you to hold gears and speed nicely.

I had to power wash the truck twice when I got home and took it through the drive through twice to get it clean. Two areas to watch for muck collection are the inside of the wheels and above the skid plate. I now have some tree rash on the sides of the truck but I consider those well earned, using the truck as intended. Pretty hard to avoid branches on narrow trails. The axe in the back was used twice to clear the trail, was very useful and saved a couple of long back outs.

All in all it was a great weekend and the truck proved it would go just about anywhere, as long as you have it set up correctly. Use and trust your mode switch. It takes care of TC and stuff very well.

Almost forgot, hill descent control works really well also.

****** video attached. There is a surprise at the end for you.

https://youtu.be/Ybrb9B3bKU0

Last edited:
OP
OP
hkguns

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, no jump this time. The T-boom will have to suffice for this time. Next ****** video may include a jump.