Tracking your New Order – Step by Step / FAQs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Raptor is still on a train after 4 weeks! It's currently in Milford Utah.... this is the slowest train on earth.

Mahoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 4/26/17, Received Vin 5/18/17, Got my truck today! 7/12/17

Truck hung out at the local delivery lot for dealers for a week before delivered. That was painful, only 40 minutes away.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 4/26/17, Received Vin 5/18/17, Got my truck today! 7/12/17

Truck hung out at the local delivery lot for dealers for a week before delivered. That was painful, only 40 minutes away.

Where was the final destination?

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Raptor is just sitting in the rail yard in vegas 15 miles away from the dealer... FP said an eta of 2 July, now its 14 July and they are claiming it will take about a week to be delivered. This is very frustrating.

Mahoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Raptor is just sitting in the rail yard in vegas 15 miles away from the dealer... FP said an eta of 2 July, now its 14 July and they are claiming it will take about a week to be delivered. This is very frustrating.

I can understand that for sure. Apparently the rail yard we use doesn't really like our dealer because they don't accept deliveries on Saturdays. (that's what sales told me)

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Mine sat for a week and a half. Yes no weekend deliveries. Keep in mind that lot contains cars for the whole region.There was a GT350 on the same train that arrived in 1 day to the dealer so it all luck. Depends on where your truck sits in the lot, filling that carrier with ones destined for your dealer and so forth.

Good luck, this is your week man, I know it! Nice choice on the truck btw.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your order is in the system (order processing) but until its your dealers turn to officially submit that allocation there will be no VIN. Depending on where your dealer is at in its allocation queue this could take a day or 6 months.

Once the order is "plucked" youll have VIN in a few days and then a build date and so on. Until you have a VIN there is nothing to track.

Your dealer should have an ballpark estimate of when their allocation/your order should be submitted though.

Texted my dealer today with this new info asking when they will be submitting their allocation to Ford. He said they recently submitted their allocation for 10 and mine is one of them. Should be getting a VIN once they start assembling them. He said he should get a VIN "any day now" hopefully this is accurate and not just lip service to keep me temporarily pacified.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine sat for a week and a half. Yes no weekend deliveries. Keep in mind that lot contains cars for the whole region.There was a GT350 on the same train that arrived in 1 day to the dealer so it all luck. Depends on where your truck sits in the lot, filling that carrier with ones destined for your dealer and so forth.

Good luck, this is your week man, I know it! Nice choice on the truck btw.

Thanks I hope so. Hopefully my dash hasn't completely melted by now in the 120 degree weather. Yup, you have a nice choice in gen 2 configuration yourself!

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Texted my dealer today with this new info asking when they will be submitting their allocation to Ford. He said they recently submitted their allocation for 10 and mine is one of them. Should be getting a VIN once they start assembling them. He said he should get a VIN "any day now" hopefully this is accurate and not just lip service to keep me temporarily pacified.

Cool man. Yea you should be good if he says theyve officially submitted allocations, not just taken orders. VIN should be soon.

Youll get a VIN way before assembly though. Shortly after you do get it then FP or your salesman, which doesnt sound too keen on the process, will give you a build week and eventually a build date.