Tracking your New Order – Step by Step / FAQs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I've been told it shouldn't matter. You can order a 100 raptors and get a Dora for all of them. Allocations I believe are not month to month. They are for the year. So u can order as many as you want but you will only get what you have allocations for. You should have your Dora. If they actually submitted your order you should have one. I would demand to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1DXmk2

Reaction score
The allocation process is confusing on all sorts of levels and I'm certainly not an expert. I've heard several versions, but the one I was told by the dealer was that they were getting 3 confirmed allocations per month from Ford, and sometimes more if other dealers weren't using theirs. The number of allocations per month wasn't set in stone, but they always planned on getting 3 sometime during the first week of each month.

Regarding the dora - I had an order sheet printed out and handed to me when I first ordered. That order went into the dealer's system, waiting for Ford to pull it and the others into their system. After Ford pulls the order up, some sort of blackbox process happens - based on whether the dealer had a confirmed allocation, the priority number on the order, the dealer's status with ford and some other crap that no one seems to understand. When everything aligns, a dora will be issued which essentially puts the build into motion. Again, I could be wrong on all this, but this is the process that I've been told by two different dealers.

1DXmk2

Reaction score
The Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC) that you get when you place your order is not a Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement (DORA)...they look pretty much the same from what I've been told, but the VOC doesn't mean anything until corporate Ford issues the DORA. A DORA confirms that Ford has agreed to build the truck that you ordered. The VOC simply means the dealer captured the order in that dealer's system.

One the best explanations of the system I've seen is here - The Ford ordering process explained from start to finish

Last edited:

zizouandyuki

Reaction score
The Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC) that you get when you place your order is not a Dealer Order Receipt Confirmation (DORA)...they look pretty much the same from what I've been told, but the VOC doesn't mean anything until corporate Ford issues the DORA. A DORA confirms that Ford has agreed to build the truck that you ordered. The VOC simply means the dealer captured the order in that dealer's system.

One the best explanations of the system I've seen is here - The Ford ordering process explained from start to finish

Thanks for helping clarify. So maybe I'm not getting the runaround?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7GenTex

Reaction score
Got It!

SuperCab 801A with many add on options

Ordered 1/31/2017

VIN 3/2/2017

Built 4/7/2017

Delivered to dealer 4/17/2017

Picked up and drove home 4/20/2017

Raptor%20at%20Home_zpsx0whrqtv.jpg

zizouandyuki

Reaction score
I ordered 3/9/17, I got the VOC the day I ordered, I have yet to receive the DORA. I did get my vin# a few days ago though.

After bugging the shit out of the dealer, I received the VOC today. No idea why this wasn't shared earlier, unless it simply wasn't submitted until today. With this in hand, I'm at least more hopeful to hear progress on the build.

Any input on how soon I should expect the DORA or VIN? The only option I can think of that may hold this up is the beadlocks.

Much appreciated!