Sports Car Owners: Do You Think The Truck is Quick?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick Enoigh

Compared to my 2011 F-150 Harley Davison it seems quicker. Also rides much better.
But compared to my 911. Not even close.
Horse power to weight ratio is what counts

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is definitely faster than my 6.2L Gen 1, even without the MPT tuning.

However, it crawls when compared to my 8L V10 Viper... :biggrin:

It is not a sports car, but still makes me smile when I press the go pedal.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Horse power to weight ratio is what counts

That's part of it, and there's also the drag. Trucks in general are poor aerodynamically compared to cars, especially sports cars and the Raptor is much worse in this regard to even your standard truck. It sits higher, it's wider, it's got more/larger heat exchangers that air needs to be squeezed through and does without the dreaded front flap that aids in aerodynamic efficiency.

Bulldog17

Reaction score
But what do your sports cars do in a foot of snow, sand or steep dirt hill. I bought a truck not a dragster.

Thelostrican

Reaction score
I think it's reasonably quick to 60, but once at speed it's really not quick/fast at all. It'll out run most trucks, but compared to sports cars? It's not even close. I think even mid tier sports sedans might be faster at freeway speeds. My old Lexus GS and IS 350's felt like they accelerated past 70mph more effortlessly.

Yep very slow once at speed, feels very slow to me on the highway.
Awesome truck for sure, but slow. I bet from 40 to 100 is slow as hell.

I do love the truck, but its not fast.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are the people claiming the Raptor is slow 20 years old??? Must be since they obviously have very limited experience with cars. The Raptor's 5 second 0-60 time was very respectable sports car territory not all that long ago. Things have come a long way with sports cars in the last 10 years with forced induction, but 5 seconds is still pretty darn fast and multiple seconds quicker than the best pickups from Chevy, Ram, and Toyota.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep very slow once at speed, feels very slow to me on the highway.
Awesome truck for sure, but slow. I bet from 40 to 100 is slow as hell.

I do love the truck, but its not fast.

MPT PRX 93 and the truck is very quick from 70 to 130. Stock = Dog in the same scenario.

Its no Z06, but I only drive trucks daily, and this one is fast.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are the people claiming the Raptor is slow 20 years old??? Must be since they obviously have very limited experience with cars. The Raptor's 5 second 0-60 time was very respectable sports car territory not all that long ago. Things have come a long way with sports cars in the last 10 years with forced induction, but 5 seconds is still pretty darn fast and multiple seconds quicker than the best pickups from Chevy, Ram, and Toyota.

I'm 26 and been waiting for someone to say this.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are the people claiming the Raptor is slow 20 years old???

Nope, but I have experience with cars that are much faster...

Z06s, Cobra Rs, Vipers, Hellcats to name a few

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter