Sick of not seeing out side mirrors in the rain...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mistacheese

Reaction score
I was getting fed up with the way the side mirrors held water on the glass face. While traveling at high speeds in the rain, say 100km/hr, I would find the side mirrors almost useless with water or dirt, I even tried folding mirrors in while driving to 'blow off' some of the water, but that didn't make much difference.

I also would turn on rear defroster as it would evaporate the moisture fairly quickly, but would leave the road dirt behind*. (I live on a gravel road, which didn't help)

I applied a coating of Rain-X and drove around for a few days in very wet conditions and am happy to report that the rain-x almost completely removed all the issues. Water doesn't stick to it, so doesn't evaporate on it and leave the dirt.

I highly recommend trying it.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was getting fed up with the way the side mirrors held water on the glass face. While traveling at high speeds in the rain, say 100km/hr, I would find the side mirrors almost useless with water or dirt, I even tried folding mirrors in while driving to 'blow off' some of the water, but that didn't make much difference.

I also would turn on rear defroster as it would evaporate the moisture fairly quickly, but would leave the road dirt behind*. (I live on a gravel road, which didn't help)

I applied a coating of Rain-X and drove around for a few days in very wet conditions and am happy to report that the rain-x almost completely removed all the issues. Water doesn't stick to it, so doesn't evaporate on it and leave the dirt.

I highly recommend trying it.

I feel/felt your pain with the same thing. I don't live on a dirt road but normal road dirt and winter driving crap made them extremely dirty. I spray wax my truck now and then and actually tried doing the windshield and rear view mirrors. It's quicker and easier than rain x is but it doesn't last quite as long as rain X

Gatica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rain X was going to be my answer... My wife also uses it on the glass shower doors... note make sure you have plenty of ventilation cause it has strong smell