Scab vs. Screw ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackcell

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has driven both the Gen2 Scab and Screw that can comment on the ride differences between both.

Thinking of getting the smoother riding option of the two and avoiding the power sliding rear window which I hear, from other threads, that it rattles and makes all sorts of sounds after heavy offroading as well as other problems from not closing to motor issues. Has anyone faced any of these issues?

Vince

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't buy this truck for the "smooth" ride. Its purpose built for off-road just saying. I own a SCAB and it has a very smooth ride. In my opinion, just as smooth as the SCREW. The real thing to consider is the size and weight difference. Notice the Baja runner was a SCAB. Buy want you need and rest easy knowing they are both a smooth ride for the truck they are.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You don't buy this truck for the "smooth" ride. Its purpose built for off-road just saying. I own a SCAB and it has a very smooth ride. In my opinion, just as smooth as the SCREW. The real thing to consider is the size and weight difference. Notice the Baja runner was a SCAB. Buy want you need and rest easy knowing they are both a smooth ride for the truck they are.

I agree that Scab has a smooth ride like a Screw until you hit a bump...I had a low mile Scab 2011 for 9 mnths and put of total of 9500 miles when I owned it. I ended up getting Deaver +2 to compensate for that Donkey kick that you get on the shorter cab chassis. After that it was not as dramatic but not like on a Screw that I have now. It was a huge difference when I drove the '13 Screw in its pure stock form, mind it had 54k miles on the original shocks and stock rear suspension. No drama in the "rear". Again this is just my experience. I ended up with Screw for space reasons and would not look back.
Go drive both trucks and see for yourself. I love my "school bus". lol

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a scab and love it. I think it looks so much better than the SCREW. A lot of people will buy an scab because it tends to fit in a normal size garage.

OP
OP
B

Blackcell

Reaction score
That wasn't the case with the gen1 raptors because of the Scab's softer spring set up as compared to the Screw's which had to accomodate the extra weight and towing capacity.

My question still remains, has anyone driven the Gen 2 Scab and Screw that can tell us the ride difference between both?