GEN 2 Roof Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RTD15

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Raptor. We always travel with Dirt Bikes in the bed. I am looking for the best looking roof rack on the the market to carry luggage, gas, anything. Would like to have some sort of lights up there also. Any ideas? pics? links to websites? thanks for the help!!!

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been talking to Frontrunner about one but still deciding if I want to pull the trigger. You can talk to Bryan there and he's got the specs on what to order. Priced out just over a grand.

I don't know about best-looking, but Frontrunner has the most in the way of accessories.

You might also check out a Leitner ACS rack as an alternative. You can slide the top rails back on those to load bikes and store fuel on the sides, but it won't be as useful for luggage and stuff.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the TireGate/Wilco ADV rack on my Gen I. Likely will buy another for Gen II. Tempted on the ADD one, but too much $, and not sure how I feel about it sitting right on the roof along with the side pillars are too wide and make the truck even have less of a bed IMO.

Check out pages 7 and 8 of this thread - http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/raptor-overland-56719/index7.html

I am pretty happy with my Decked system and the ADV rack. Noise sucks at times above 60 mph with the tire on top. Will likely add a light bar to the front of the rack and some rear facing lights on the rack to light up the back and bed.
https://www.wilcooffroad.com/shop/adv-rack-system-ford/

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just remember anything that sticks above the roof of the truck will have a DRAMATIC affect on mpg. Try standing in the bed holding a lightbar up there wile the truck is going 75.

I will only install fold down light bars/removable racks on either my raptor of my F350....too much mileage penalty all the time from them. Dont mind losing the mileage when im using the accessory, but having to lose mileage all the time for an accessory I use only on the weekends - just not worth it for me.

--John

Msisle

Reaction score
Here is a nice one
17838528_1469575626407299_1893917611_o_large.jpg