Moon roof rubber gasket seal maintenance, what lubricant?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Monte87

Monte87

Reaction score
Yes. 100% you want to do the track and the plastic parts of the track. Open the roof, apply to the tracks and cycle it a couple of times and I would say every 6-12 months. If you live in a dry, hot area, every 6 for sure.

I think you're using too much of the product. 1 little tube should be enough for a couple of applications. (insert lube sex joke here for @Oldfart )
Thanks for reply, Don!!!
Yeah, I def did use too much lol 1st time though, and wanted to make sure i got her lubed LMAOOOO
So just to clarify --> I can use the krytox on the track?? I was gonna use white lithium grease on track ONLY.
Also should i take the rubber cover's on both sides from the tilt feature and hit that as well or leave that alone?

Thanks Anthony

OP
OP
Monte87

Monte87

Reaction score
I can testify to the fact that too much lube leads to issues, such as matting of the fur, and needless mess in my truck!
Yeah, I got that mess going on yesterday. I parked in a dusty area and came down and had to clean all the residual from the top area. PITA! All good now, but wasnt happy yesterday.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for reply, Don!!!
Yeah, I def did use too much lol 1st time though, and wanted to make sure i got her lubed LMAOOOO
So just to clarify --> I can use the krytox on the track?? I was gonna use white lithium grease on track ONLY.
Also should i take the rubber cover's on both sides from the tilt feature and hit that as well or leave that alone?

Thanks Anthony
Yes, You can use the krytox on the tracks. Nothing really under the rubber covers that you can get to with it open.