GEN 2 Rear suspension uneven

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if I can trouble a few of you to take a measurement for me.

My truck’s rear suspension is uneven, off by about 1 inch from ground to top of wheel arch. Both tires are at same pressure, and the bed is unloaded (I do have a bedcover, but I noticed this before the cover was installed).

Can a few of you take a measurement from ground to top of the rear wheel arch and tell me if this is typical?

Thank you!

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if I can trouble a few of you to take a measurement for me.

My truck’s rear suspension is uneven, off by about 1 inch from ground to top of wheel arch. Both tires are at same pressure, and the bed is unloaded (I do have a bedcover, but I noticed this before the cover was installed).

Can a few of you take a measurement from ground to top of the rear wheel arch and tell me if this is typical?

Thank you!
Ground to top of middle wheel arch... Hmm... Give me a few minutes and I'll see what I can come up with on a screw 18!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How hard have you been working those leafs? Sometimes the leafs can get “sacked out” over time...

Take the cover off the shock and measure the shaft. See if you have even lengths. If so then its suspension related, if the same it could be the bed or something.

Be certain youre on level ground as well

OP
OP
P

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a few hundred pounds in the bed once, and never pulled a trailer. I have a Dodge diesel for all the heavy work, so the Raptor has never done work. Yeah, it was on even ground. The bed doesn’t look tweaked, but that’s a good point... I didn’t think about that.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As @Micha mentioned, do you have a full tank of fuel? The 36 gallon tank is on the driver's side; that may be the cause of your lean. Gen 1 trucks experienced the same lean with a full tank. I personally haven't measured our Gen 2 yet.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's better to measure from center of the hub to the wheel arch, this takes the ground and tires out of the equation.

OP
OP
P

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
..yeah, forgot about fuel... I have a full tank now, will measure again tmrw. :)

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel tank is the culprit. I have the same issue with my truck; gets worse with a full tank and barely noticeable when empty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter