Raptor on The Grand Tour

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darkneo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone catch this weeks episode? (Episode 10) Been waiting to see the Raptor in action ever since the teaser. Really fun to see Jeremy trashing it and really loving the truck. Of course you have him backup with a boat and not use the trailer backup assist (Staged I'm sure).

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wasn't bad but I was hoping for a better test than just that. Hopefully they'll have another test down the road.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They kept showing it in the promo so I was hoping they would do an actual feature on it. At least they did something with it.

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was pretty god damned funny. It was not meant to be a Raptor test guys, its a comedy show. The joke was mid sized cross over hatch backs are useless junk for chicks. So they had a 3 way competition. When they had a towing competition Jeremie's Peugeot exhaust would not allow a tow bar...so he swapped it for a Raptor. The results? If you are thinking about buying a Mid Sized useless SUV get a Raptor instead. :ROFLJest:

My other favorite part is how 2 of the 3 went into limp mode during the dirt track race part. Freaking useless.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeh their 4x4 systems gave up the ghost right away on that macan and alpha!
He did hit that raptor pretty hard twice in a deep ditch

OP
OP
D

darkneo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They kept showing it in the promo so I was hoping they would do an actual feature on it. At least they did something with it.
Yeah, even in the intro they showed a Raptor in deep snow. But during the segment that scene never happened.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As others here have mentioned, I was a bit disappointed it wasn't a feature. I had actually given up hope when I saw the trailer and it wasn't in it at all.

Judging by the reddit thread on the episode, everyone was very impressed with the Raptor, and considering how rough Jeremy is with vehicles (just look at his approach angles - yikes) the Raptor did fantastic. Still, as cool as it was I couldn't help but be a little disappointed.

Hopefully he'll do another Sunday Times Review on the Gen 2, like he did on the Velociraptor. I'm also hoping we get a surprise segment on it during the mini special next week. We shall see.

If only one of the local ranches would let me do a barrel race in my truck...bet I could get close to the horse's time...whatcha think? Baja 4H locked or Baja 2H? I'm thinking the former...

Last edited:

Wolff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Granted its a super car but they did a 2nd feature of the Ford GT. 2nd episode was road from NYC to Buffalo then I think it was Episode 8 was on track. Maybe they'll do another segment on it.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Granted its a super car but they did a 2nd feature of the Ford GT. 2nd episode was road from NYC to Buffalo then I think it was Episode 8 was on track. Maybe they'll do another segment on it.

That's what I'm hoping. I find it very odd the intro scene is different from the actual episode sequences, when for every other vehicle the intro scene was in the episode

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter