GEN 2 Raptor buying in Canada is brutal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

palma

Reaction score
It absolutely sucks right now to be a Canadian if you are in the market for a raptor right now. Until our $ recovers...its a risky proposition IMO

Let me illustrate with base prices from Ford's US/CA sites:

Ford US XL (USD): $26.7k
Ford CA XL (USD): $22k (-$4.7k differential)

Ford US Lariat (USD): $40.4k
Ford CA Lariat (USD): $34.8k (-$5.6k differential)

Ford US Platinum (USD): $53.2k
Ford CA Platinum (USD): $49.8k (-$3.4k differential)

Ford US Raptor (USD): $48.8k
Ford CA Raptor (USD): $51.7k (+$2.9k differential)

Thats right even at one of the worst points for CAD/USD exchange rate its cheaper to buy it from the US. Not that you would because of the fees/taxes etc. Bottom line is if you are buying a Raptor in Canada now you are essentially paying the highest possible price anywhere and at anytime since the GEN 1 was launched. But ya know when its really going to suck? When the conversion rate falls more in line with the traditional average and CAD prices for the Raptor returns to somewhere near $55k...you can estimate this based on past prices and the examples of trucks I used in my post.

I know Raptors have solid resale but by buying now you are paying a $15k premium...as far as I am concerned not gonna happen. Now, don't come at me with 'its my money so I can do whatever I want with it' horsesh*t...we know. My post is only to give context to people who are on the fence.

I think the reason Ford is doing this is not to screw over Canadian customers but are forced to do it so Yanks don't come up here and gobble up our inventory...leaving US dealer near the border unhappy.

Your Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Canadian base Raptor is actually the 801a in the US. We also get front torsion axle and rear tailgate applique as standard. When I ordered mine I thought is was much higher priced until I looked into it a little more.

OP
OP
P

palma

Reaction score
Ya sure the 801A upgrade brings the US and CA price more in line. Still doesn't change the fact the base on this Raptor is much higher than it was back in 2014. Almost $9k higher actually. I think the 801A or whatever it was called was standard on that Raptor as well here.

Last edited:

boomtruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You thing there is a price differance now? wait till NAFTA get ripped apart. Everybody is going to pay more for everything. BTW my jammed screw( no tailgate step no liner no hood gfx) was 86500 cdn (plus hst). at today exchange rate of .756 thats 65530. usd. I think thats close maybe a little less that our U.S. friends. can someone down there give me a msrp usd.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

palma

Reaction score
You thing there is a price differance now? wait till NAFTA get ripped apart. Everybody is going to pay more for everything. BTW my jammed screw( no tailgate step no liner no hood gfx) was 86500 cdn (plus hst). at today exchange rate of .756 thats 65530. usd. I think thats close maybe a little less that our U.S. friends. can someone down there give me a msrp usd.

NAFTA isnt going anywhere. They will probably just renegotiate terms. Also I have a feeling the terms for Mexico and Canada might be different. If it does get torn up...trade wars will suck for everybody but more so for the isolationist. This experiment has been run 50 years ago. Plus, manufacturers can set up shop in countries that arent pulling out of trade deals and sell to countries that are also in trade pacts. So maybe someday Ford will build a plant in Canada or Mexico to produce cars not for US imports. The Don says he wants to slap a tax on cars made outside the US and sold in the US. Self destructive policy really...Americans will get better paying jobs and expensive goods. So empty inflation that looks nice when you look at numbers. Don is no economist...he came up with this policy and has been advocating since Japan was seen as a threat...

Dont get me wrong I am still a fan of him bashing politicians

Last edited:

boomtruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure about the better paying jobs part, but definitely more expensive.

boomtruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Needs to be a Ford Performance dealer in Canada. They are the ones with all the shelby gt350's hanging around.

OP
OP
P

palma

Reaction score
I cannot find a Raptor at a dealership in AB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you willing to pay? Just pay the transport cost and you can have it transported. I mean they dont usually let you testdrive raptors so who cares what lot its on right? Prob get one near 90k

There is a ruby red someone mentioned on a lot in waterloo.