Ranger Raptor / Bronco / Wrangler competitor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, for those who are interested :)

“Expect the U.S. version of the Ranger to build on the current model's off-road abilities while adding creature comforts and refinement. A high-performance Ranger Raptor is on the way, too.

(A Ranger rivaling the Wrangler? Yep, and vice versa: FCA will soon launch a Wrangler-based pickup -- and the Ranger will be followed in another year by an all-new Bronco, which is expected to be a more direct Wrangler competitor.)

The new Ranger is expected to go into production this fall at Ford's Michigan Assembly Plant, near Detroit.”

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/expect-ford-motor-company-2018-003000686.html

Would be nice as a second overland rig. Wouldn’t swap out my f150 raptor for a ranger raptor, wife and I love the room. If I do get it, maybe not the first year production this time :).

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, for those who are interested :)

“Expect the U.S. version of the Ranger to build on the current model's off-road abilities while adding creature comforts and refinement. A high-performance Ranger Raptor is on the way, too.

(A Ranger rivaling the Wrangler? Yep, and vice versa: FCA will soon launch a Wrangler-based pickup -- and the Ranger will be followed in another year by an all-new Bronco, which is expected to be a more direct Wrangler competitor.)

The new Ranger is expected to go into production this fall at Ford's Michigan Assembly Plant, near Detroit.”

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/expect-ford-motor-company-2018-003000686.html

Would be nice as a second overland rig. Wouldn’t swap out my f150 raptor for a ranger raptor, wife and I love the room. If I do get it, maybe not the first year production this time :).

Good to know! Man, for the life of me, I can't figure out why Ford dropped the Ranger for this long. Toyota has cornered the market with the Tacoma and obviouisly the want is there as Toyota sales indicate. Nissan Frontier sales are nothing to sneeze at either. It's good to see Ford get back on the horse and am confident that the Ranger will sell well, and the Raptor Ranger will probably be a hot commodity.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
The Asian market has a ranger raptor. It’s called the wild trak. Not sure what Ford was thinking not bringing it market here since day 1. They sell like hot cakes in the Philippines and are awesome little trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Wildtrak is probably going to be the off-road package ranger here. Probably 2.7 base engine and 3.5 ecoboost for this off-road version.

Attachments

• 700ACBD4-B331-4E25-B3E1-2A343CDD1436.jpg
    700ACBD4-B331-4E25-B3E1-2A343CDD1436.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 9FDFD038-0975-4BFF-93F1-F5118B4CA641.jpg
    9FDFD038-0975-4BFF-93F1-F5118B4CA641.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 54

Sasquatch78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wildtrak is probably going to be the off-road package ranger here. Probably 2.7 base engine and 3.5 ecoboost for this off-road version.

You are really good at trolling and finding stuff on the internet you know nothing about.

Too bad you don't put the same effort into your schoolwork.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Be really cool if the diesel was an option when they release it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro