The Punch List - Things to Check on Delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vince

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I should be taking delivery within this week. I was thinking it appropriate for everyone to work together here to compile a list of things to be checked given the number of QC issues many have discovered. Maybe an admin can sticky this too but I guess we'll see.

Here are my initial ideas on things to be sure to look at when you take delivery

1. Excessive use of Wheel Weights to balance wheels - I have seen as many as 28 weights put on a single rim

2. Ford Performance Engine Cover - I know of one truck that arrived to dealership with the incorrect engine cover.

3. Underbody Rust - Suspension, Frame, Pumpkin, CV Joints, etc

4. Under Grill Trim Mismatch - 1 Case of a vehicle arriving with a different color grill trim piece reported.

Feel free to provide feedback, input, addons, etc.

If you have taken delivery please post photos of the problem areas you have.

Thanks all!

Two Dogs

Reaction score
The obvious, check your paint one panel at a time, bumpers for shipping damage. Check the epoxy used to seal the roof panels.

And check that the damper for the tailgate is installed, although there seems to be omen question on whether this should truly be installed at all trim levels.

Last edited:

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the fascia around the headlight. Mine was loose where it met the trim under the grill.
Tone

Attachments

• old and new 2_LI.jpg
    old and new 2_LI.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 63

ReconRaptor

Reaction score
Agree with the list. At delivery (39 factory miles for testing), front of diff had (has) excessive corrosion. Dealer wouldn't address since it's cosmetic. Called Ford, sent me to another dealer for a safety inspection by a Master Mechanic. Nada. No issues. Nice to have the inspection but the corrosion/rust ****** me off. Maybe some Rustoleum (on a $70K truck)...

I've seen the same condition on two other raptors. Any similar experiences and/or remedies?

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with the list. At delivery (39 factory miles for testing), front of diff had (has) excessive corrosion. Dealer wouldn't address since it's cosmetic. Called Ford, sent me to another dealer for a safety inspection by a Master Mechanic. Nada. No issues. Nice to have the inspection but the corrosion/rust ****** me off. Maybe some Rustoleum (on a $70K truck)...

I've seen the same condition on two other raptors. Any similar experiences and/or remedies?

I am just going to sand and paint mine with some rustoleum before I use the Amsoil HDMP to coat everything.
Tone