pulled the trigger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moreda55

Reaction score
pulled the trigger UPDATE

So i pulled the trigger today on my new Raptor. I had been searching for about 4 months for the right truck. So many times I found the right spec only to get in touch with the dealer to learn about three 7500-20000 mark up... I live in CA so getting one at sticker here was almost impossible. the local dealer is sitting on 7 and some have been on the lot for 220+ days and they are still trying to get 5-20 over sticker....

For those of you looking for a raptor. use the raptorfinder.com site. trust me i thought I would just do the research my self but just being able to check the window sticker from that site was worth the $25 bucks

Found mine in MD at sticker... Now I just have to wait for her to arrive.

I got an 801A in Silver pictures will come shortly. after wheels and RPG leveling kit comes in

UPDATE:

So the truck is now in Cali and still need to do the DMV process but that will e.g. done Monday.. Already did the smog so hopefully everything goes ok..

Wheels are on and also installed the RPG 1.5 collars. Keep the mods light but will be doing some fog lights/lights in the very near future.

flaufq0.jpg
mZBBmwh.jpg

Last edited:

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats, glad you didn’t have to pay that greedy dealer markup. I got lucky on my 18 in NC as well. I hope everyone quits paying the markup and the dealers that payed extra by buying other dealers trucks end up eating it. Enjoy your new ride Sir

OP
OP
M

moreda55

Reaction score
So i pulled the trigger today on my new Raptor. I had been searching for about 4 months for the right truck. So many times I found the right spec only to get in touch with the dealer to learn about three 7500-20000 mark up... I live in CA so getting one at sticker here was almost impossible. the local dealer is sitting on 7 and some have been on the lot for 220+ days and they are still trying to get 5-20 over sticker....

For those of you looking for a raptor. use the raptorfinder.com site. trust me i thought I would just do the research my self but just being able to check the window sticker from that site was worth the $25 bucks

Found mine in MD at sticker... Now I just have to wait for her to arrive.

I got an 801A in Silver pictures will come shortly. after wheels and RPG leveling kit comes in

So after almost 3weeks dealing with shippers that couldn't find a driver to get the truck out of WV, I am flying out to WV to drive it back across the states to CA.. Total of 2,700 miles. I'm flying out with 75 year old Pops to go get the truck and drive home.... should be fun and interesting... looking forward to getting the truck back to the west coast.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good luck. Btw which dealership(s) in CA were you trying to working with that had the markup?

OP
OP
M

moreda55

Reaction score
Good luck. Btw which dealership(s) in CA were you trying to working with that had the markup?

I searched all the local NorCal dealerships near Sonoma County and tried a few in So Cal that wanted 25k over so i gave up and started looking east

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome aboard! That's bucket list, for me. And hoping to do something similar this week when I fly out on Wednesday to Delaware to potentially buy a Gen 1. Though, Delaware to MA is a MUCH shorter drive than what you have in store.

But at least you'll have company. Enjoy the experience and the truck!

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Luckily I got my 18 SCREW 802A in So Cal at sticker back in September. I had one on order from Bakersfield Ford for $2500 ADM but when I got my current truck at sticker I canceled my order with Bakersfield.

If I did not find my deal from La Mesa Penske Ford I would have been willing to buy a raptor here local for a few thousand up to $5K over sticker to not deal with flying somewhere and driving that many miles home. I know to each their own but my time and all the other additional cost you will incur from lodging to gas and food plus the 2700 miles (not to mention dealing with the CA DMV to get it registered) is worth paying an ADM at that point.

However enjoy the new truck and travel safe! Glad you were able to pick one up I know the long distant trucking places are almost impossible to get lined up these days.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Luckily I got my 18 SCREW 802A in So Cal at sticker back in September. I had one on order from Bakersfield Ford for $2500 ADM but when I got my current truck at sticker I canceled my order with Bakersfield.

If I did not find my deal from La Mesa Penske Ford I would have been willing to buy a raptor here local for a few thousand up to $5K over sticker to not deal with flying somewhere and driving that many miles home. I know to each their own but my time and all the other additional cost you will incur from lodging to gas and food plus the 2700 miles (not to mention dealing with the CA DMV to get it registered) is worth paying an ADM at that point.

However enjoy the new truck and travel safe! Glad you were able to pick one up I know the long distant trucking places are almost impossible to get lined up these days.

Penske, La Mesa is where I got mine as well. Also at MSRP. I was just there last week and they had a Black SCRW in the back of the showroom, pretty sure it was already sold, that's where they had mine waiting for me after I was done with all the paper work.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Penske, La Mesa is where I got mine as well. Also at MSRP. I was just there last week and they had a Black SCRW in the back of the showroom, pretty sure it was already sold, that's where they had mine waiting for me after I was done with all the paper work.

Awesome! Ya nice staff there and easy to deal with. I drove down from my house in Simi and took only like 45 minutes in and out with the paperwork. They say they only sell at msrp and I believe it! I bugged my sales guy for a few months until this one became available and he was true to his word didn't even try to add anything.