Low engine oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thechad

Reaction score
I will detail this more when I get it back, but it looks as though the local Ford stealership is good at check pdi boxes, but not actually doing the work. After all this, they claim today upon checking oil(which supposedly was done on inspection and upon service shop arrival) 2qrts low....... no leaks. So it boils down to the delivery of the truck. They checked the box for tire pressure set to recommended, as well as the box for oil level. But when I got home upon delivery, I noticed my tires were balloons and were still factory set to 51psi all around. This boils down to stealership skipping critical steps to insure a quality product. Thanks Bill Estes!

OP
OP
A

Alexjrs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my ford dealer called me today to give me a status update they told me they replaced the oil sending unit test drove it and it's still doing the same problem ... so they told me they are contacting ford on what to do next .. So I waited for it to finally come in now I'm waiting for it to come out of service lol

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will detail this more when I get it back, but it looks as though the local Ford stealership is good at check pdi boxes, but not actually doing the work. After all this, they claim today upon checking oil(which supposedly was done on inspection and upon service shop arrival) 2qrts low....... no leaks. So it boils down to the delivery of the truck. They checked the box for tire pressure set to recommended, as well as the box for oil level. But when I got home upon delivery, I noticed my tires were balloons and were still factory set to 51psi all around. This boils down to stealership skipping critical steps to insure a quality product. Thanks Bill Estes!

I experienced the same thing with my GEN1 except that the dealership had set all tire pressures to 35 psi. I got low tire pressure warnings on the drive home.

OP
OP
A

Alexjrs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer called me today giving me a status update they said ford told them to do a oil pressure test but he said we know there's nothing wrong with the oil pressure it's the computer giving a wrong reading .... so he said he will know more after the oil pressure test and send the results to ford

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer called me today giving me a status update they said ford told them to do a oil pressure test but he said we know there's nothing wrong with the oil pressure it's the computer giving a wrong reading .... so he said he will know more after the oil pressure test and send the results to ford

Sorry for your pain. If the Oil pressure is normal, that would be a good thing for your engine. Hope they quickly find what's triggering the warning indicator. Lots of electronics in these new vehicles, that's a good thing and a pain in the ass.