Lane assist- does mine just suck or do they all?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewAgePhilosopher

Reaction score
From what I've seen and experienced on lane assists in Infinitis, Lexuses and Porsches, they all suck. A lot of this new tech is a waste of time, effort, resources and productivity.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI you can change the lane assist system to only "alert" you rather than "alert+aid" which will only vibrate the steering wheel rather than vibrate and push you back into the lane. I used that when learning the truck as this is my first pickup, but have since turned it off completely. Truck is just too wide. Maybe nice for late night highway driving though.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I get another Gen 2 I would order base 800a package...all the crap in the 802 package just causes more head aches in the long run. Pray you dont need a new windshield and have the tech package because its $500 where the standard window is $160.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I get another Gen 2 I would order base 800a package...all the crap in the 802 package just causes more head aches in the long run. Pray you dont need a new windshield and have the tech package because its $500 where the standard window is $160.

Bigger tires, thirstier engines, it's all part of the Raptor lifestyle. Plenty of cheaper options out there if someone is afraid of a $600 windshield. If I wanted to be fiscally responsible I'd be driving a Civic. But I'm not.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bigger tires, thirstier engines, it's all part of the Raptor lifestyle. Plenty of cheaper options out there if someone is afraid of a $600 windshield. If I wanted to be fiscally responsible I'd be driving a Civic. But I'm not.

Your missing the point. I had a loaded out 802a package and after having it I wouldnt order it again. The only option I really would struggle living without is the front facing cam/360 cam and cooled seats. All these little package cause more issues and hassle down the road. I had my keep hands on the steering wheel come up on the dash multiple times per day and both hand would be on the steering wheel. Would hate to see what this system is like once its out of warranty. And the cooled seats didnt work as well as my gen 1.

Lane assist is violent and can be scary when towing.

If you want reliable skip the starbucks options and go simple or go Gen 1.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad I didn't get the tech pack ,like my control better:patriot:

REFRESHING! A truck owner who actually enjoys operating the machine himself!

(Now if we can only convince Ford to offer manual transmissions.)

(Differentials with drain plugs would be nice, too.)

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

A windshield for $160?

You own a time machine, don't ya?