Interior ambient lighting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

25ktrading

Reaction score
Probably covered before but I'm hearing that Ford dropped the different colors in the F150 line up for 2018 leaving only light blue. Hope that's not really the case.

My wife's 18 does not have the color change like my 17. Thought I was losing my mind. Her key is way cooler though

17lbraptor

Reaction score
I was not aware of this. I really like this feature. My kids even get a kick out of it at night asking for different colors. I changed mine to red which is nice. I really feel this is poor choice on fords part. I know it may not be a big deal to some but obviously it is a cost cutting measure and makes you wonder what else they are doing thats subtle to cut costs.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

So is there a way to change this? I too would prefer red.

If you have a 2017 you can.
1. Press the settings button.
2.Swipe the screen to the left 3 times like an iPad.
3.Click the ambient lighting Icon.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not that it matters but this post will score big with the Gen2 haters :ROFLJest:

Don't be paranoid. Given that it was >$1200 in parts that had to be custom wired and programmed into the Gen 1 to get ambient lighting, I doubt very much this will even make the list of things not to like about the Gen 2 anytime soon. And owners like you will, of course, always be at the top of that list. :flipthebird:

:lol2:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't be paranoid. Given that it was >$1200 in parts that had to be custom wired and programmed into the Gen 1 to get ambient lighting, I doubt very much this will even make the list of things not to like about the Gen 2 anytime soon. And owners like you will, of course, always be at the top of that list. :flipthebird:

:lol2:

Seems a bit excessive. I bet I could retrofit the system that's in my daughter's Fusion for the cost of the parts from the junkyard- which would probably be about $25. It's all standalone components back around 2010- the switch, the LED module and the light emitters. Maybe if I upgrade the stereo in the Raptor I'll grab a system from the junkyard and put it in.