ignition cycle doesn’t always change 4x? setting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I hauled the wife out to a winery today. She’s been a good sport lately with designated driver duty when I go to breweries. Also, just to make the rest of you lug nuts more envious, when I said ‘hey, I’m thinking of picking up a new truck’ - she says “that is an awesome looking truck, when are you picking it up?” I suppose I’ll keep her.

I rode up to the winery in normal mode. it was a ways back on the back roads. return trip, I set to sport / 4A, for the LoLz. we snaked past a local brewery for a quick growler fill, no parking so let the wife “woman” the truck while I went in. Went to dinner. came out, as expected truck in normal drive mode, but still in 4a <-- was not expecting this.

Not complaining, I was just expecting to find it in 4x2.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you change it to 4a it will stay in 4a unless you change it back or change the drive mode.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

stephenlocke

Reaction score
But if you change via steering wheel mode, that then selects 4a, I would expect next time you start, which will default to normal that you are back in 2wd. Does not seem to be the case, put into weather mode then on next restart, back in normal but still
in 4a

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
that might be worth a test. Once there’s salt, sand and whatever other chemicals are used for snow on the pavement, hard take offs can be a bit of a chore in the raptor while in 4x2, 4A helps mitigate this.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hauled the wife out to a winery today. She’s been a good sport lately with designated driver duty when I go to breweries. Also, just to make the rest of you lug nuts more envious, when I said ‘hey, I’m thinking of picking up a new truck’ - she says “that is an awesome looking truck, when are you picking it up?” I suppose I’ll keep her.

I rode up to the winery in normal mode. it was a ways back on the back roads. return trip, I set to sport / 4A, for the LoLz. we snaked past a local brewery for a quick growler fill, no parking so let the wife “woman” the truck while I went in. Went to dinner. came out, as expected truck in normal drive mode, but still in 4a <-- was not expecting this.

Not complaining, I was just expecting to find it in 4x2.

FWIW this is how it works on many other manufacturers as well. The "terrain" modes don't persist, but the drive wheel configs do. This is how my Jeep works as well.

NO LIMIT

Reaction score
FWIW this is how it works on many other manufacturers as well. The "terrain" modes don't persist, but the drive wheel configs do. This is how my Jeep works as well.

My wifes Range Rover stays on what ever Terrain mode you select untill you select a different one no matter how many times you turn it on or off...I thought the Raptor would be the same...
3 more weeks till I get to see it for myself...only 8 months since I ordered :baby: lol