Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mspeed

Reaction score
So I got the wrench light ( power train malfunction) Took it straight to the dealer without turning it off. They reset the light and wanted to keep it to check out what it was. I go back the next day and they say the could not find anything wrong with it. I go the start my truck with the remote and nothing. It dosent turn on. I try it with my ford pass and nothing. Since i had to fo to work i told them i would bring it back.........Let me go back a couple of days. My truck auto restart button in the center did not work from day one. I went to the dealer and the told me it had lost it program. So the re programmed it and all was fine. 2 days later I got the wrench light. Any ideas.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like electrical Gremlins are toying with your car.

Since it is brand new and under warranty I would push hard for a thurough evaluation. Either have them ride along if you know how to make it mess up or make a list of everything going wrong and tell the dealer to check everything associated with it.

It could be a bad computer or a bad battery or some faulty wiring. Electrical issues are rarely straight forward.

I would suggest having the dealer look over it well though and if they refuse to serve you (the customer) then find another dealer.

Good luck! Hope your issue gets resolved easily.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Start taking videos each time it happens

Drop off at dealer, don't accept a loaner car

Keep track of notes in case they can't find the issue - seems like an easy lemon case if they can't