Gen2 Reverse Hesitation??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
coming from a manual 6 speed pickup, this hesitation is drivin me nuts!

Put in Reverse, press the gas and Whuuuuuu!! Hesitation! almost like a carberated engine that's not jetted correctly, bogs then moves. No hesitation going fwd so has to be how its programmed. Does it every single time.

Is this a Ford thing? Did Gen1 do this too?

Eagle7222

Reaction score
I hated that but seems to me the Pedal commander has improved it a bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a pedal delay when going forward too. Drives me crazy as well. I don't want to put a PC on it because of some of the gremlins apparently associated with them.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Reporting absolutely no problems with GEN1 63k miles, this thing runs like beast, has absolutely no magic military grade aluminum, drives like a tank, not a tin cup, and has super rugged look.
Just bring it back to the dealer to replicate the problem.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not a hesitation, but a shift delay. The transmission takes a couple seconds to shift into Reverse and Drive. Pretty annoying...

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol i actually thought it may be to keep us from rocking to fast if needed. it is very different from my 14 with the 3.5eb and 6speed.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to report zero problems with my 2011 SCREW, 100+K miles BEFORE...I traded it in on my 2017 SCREW, 6,000 miles AGAIN...Zero issues. This truck my be TINNY, but its still a beast and begrudgingly, I have to admit that SO FAR...its better than my 2011. Time will be the true test.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guys, i have a 2001 buick park ave with 240,000 miles, zero issues. It's a tank has an awesome back seat (if you know what i mean) and gets great mileage.