ford sucks and needs to get their act together

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So yesterday I'm cruising home on highway going a good speed and when I left off the gas the truck would jolt. So I immediately think I got an oil leak and take it easy till I'm home. I crawl under and no oil leak but lots of transmission fluid.
So I take it into dealership cause it just had the recall done on the trans last month and the service guy say it will be 2 days to even look at it!!! WTF this is why Ford has to get its act together; way to much competition out the to be acting like this!! Guy says I don't have an appointment; well its broken! shit head! things break with out appointments!
I'm not expecting it to be fixed in 5 min but these guys need to change the culture. I came from Lexus and yes I had the LX but even when I took my daughters old RX they would say "we will get on it right away and give you a loaner car. I don't like to get testy with people but I had to get with this guy and tell him 2 days is unacceptable. All cars break but if you help out the owner and try to minimize the inconvenience; the repair does not seem that bad.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So yesterday I'm cruising home on highway going a good speed and when I left off the gas the truck would jolt. So I immediately think I got an oil leak and take it easy till I'm home. I crawl under and no oil leak but lots of transmission fluid.
So I take it into dealership cause it just had the recall done on the trans last month and the service guy say it will be 2 days to even look at it!!! WTF this is why Ford has to get its act together; way to much competition out the to be acting like this!! Guy says I don't have an appointment; well its broken! shit head! things break with out appointments!
I'm not expecting it to be fixed in 5 min but these guys need to change the culture. I came from Lexus and yes I had the LX but even when I took my daughters old RX they would say "we will get on it right away and give you a loaner car. I don't like to get testy with people but I had to get with this guy and tell him 2 days is unacceptable. All cars break but if you help out the owner and try to minimize the inconvenience; the repair does not seem that bad.

All brands have all their ups and downs. The premium luxury brands tend to cost more to repair but can do it quickly. Ford costs less to repair but more on the road results in longer repair times.

just the way it is

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
it is ford to a degree, based on the defect.

The customer service aspect is squarely on the dealer. I've found that Ford dealerships have gone down hill substantially in the last 10 years.

I am lucky to have FINALLY found a Ford dealer that treats EVERYONE as I'd expect. It doesnt matter if you bought a base focus, or a loaded raptor.

Hell, I stopped by the ford dealer where I bought my shelby yesterday. The service manager there was the best thing about the dealership. He is a really smart dude and I helped him diagnose an issue with another gt350 once upon a time, so we have an understanding.

Came to find out that they changed the dealership name and he quit because they wanted to hand him a pay cut. Totally lame. No need for me to ever consider that dealer for anything ever again.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I understand it's frustrating when our vehicles break but you have to step back and recognize that you're driving a machine. ANYTHING can happen at any given time w/o notice. Just because your truck broke down doesn't mean he needs to push yours in front of the other customers' that are in line before yours. Be patience and give them the time they need to get it in the shop to identify the root cause.

Also, what makes you believe this "jolt" you're feeling is related to an oil leak? Are you seeing a fluid substance on the ground or just an assumption? How do you know the repair isn't that bad, if they haven't even got it in the shop to diagnose it?

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All brands have all their ups and downs. The premium luxury brands tend to cost more to repair but can do it quickly. Ford costs less to repair but more on the road results in longer repair times.

just the way it is

My wife's "luxury" Cadillacs cost less than my 2018 Raptor, yet she has free loaners, free oil changes, a 4 year/50,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, a well-stocked, comfortable waiting room and excellent all around service from a dealership which is NOT the one where she buys her cars.

Over the course of several cars (8+ years), she has used their free loaners for more than two weeks at a time when they could not get parts for her car. A couple of times she told them we were going out of town for the weekend with their loaner and they said "no problem". When she took her car for an accident repair, she got a loaner of her exact model and color for a month. Their only requirement was she turn the car back for a different loaner if the car got close to 4000 miles, which she had to do. No questions asked, no complaints.

With the profits Ford and the dealerships are making on our Raptors, the least they could do is include a premium level of service with the price of the truck.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife's "luxury" Cadillacs cost less than my 2018 Raptor, yet she has free loaners, free oil changes, a 4 year/50,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, a well-stocked, comfortable waiting room and excellent all around service from a dealership which is NOT the one where she buys her cars.

Over the course of several cars (8+ years), she has used their free loaners for more than two weeks at a time when they could not get parts for her car. A couple of times she told them we were going out of town for the weekend with their loaner and they said "no problem". When she took her car for an accident repair, she got a loaner of her exact model and color for a month. Their only requirement was she turn the car back for a different loaner if the car got close to 4000 miles, which she had to do. No questions asked, no complaints.

With the profits Ford and the dealerships are making on our Raptors, the least they could do is include a premium level of service with the price of the truck.

Ford could care less about you or your ownership, I own a STI, it’s my second and Subaru has sent me a yeti hopper and a dyson v6 vacuum due to issues I have had with the car. I owned an Audi A4 and they gave me warm cookies on my dash when done with service. While I love ford trucks, I would never own one of f their cars.

I told some Subaru people one time that we’re looking at a new Forester that they would not regret the Subaru ownership. I told them what Subaru had done for me and that ford would give me a hammer to hit myself over the head with and I meant it.

Last edited:

1BAD454SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in the day (2000ish) any SVT vehicle taken in for service got a loaner and full car wash on pickup. Guess that is gone.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford could care less about you or your ownership, I own a STI, it’s my second and Subaru has sent me a yeti hopper and a dyson v6 vacuum due to issues I have had with the car. I owned an Audi A4 and they gave me warm cookies on my dash when done with service. While I love ford trucks, I would never own one of f their cars.

I told some Subaru people one time that we’re looking at a new Forester that they would not regret the Subaru ownership. I told them what Subaru had done for me and that ford would give me a hammer to hit myself over the head with and I meant it.

I love my Ford trucks as well. To be fair, I rarely have to take my trucks in for service and I have never had my Gen 1 in the Ford dealership for anything in eight years of ownership. (Which is why I do not mind modding them right off the bat)