Engine disintegration update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Well unfortunately I was right and the dealer – who thought the truck just needed the PCM (power control module) replaced – was wrong.
12 days after coasting into their service bay they finally decided to pull the oil filter (which I cannot believe they didn't do on the first day, after what I told them I observed) and tell me it has lots of metal in it, including copper (bearings shot)...... after telling me this the service advisor said "now we have to tear into the engine and see what Ford wants to do"…. I can't imagine Ford would want something brand-new overhauled. Obviously I am hoping for a brand-new motor, but I have no experience with having something this new (three months old and 4000 miles) blowup like this… very frustrated to say the least.
Tomorrow I am having it towed to the dealer closer to my house as I don't trust these guys any longer.

Stay tuned

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look into Lemon Law

Well unfortunately I was right and the dealer – who thought the truck just needed the PCM (power control module) replaced – was wrong.
12 days after coasting into their service bay they finally decided to pull the oil filter (which I cannot believe they didn't do on the first day, after what I told them I observed) and tell me it has lots of metal in it, including copper (bearings shot)...... after telling me this the service advisor said "now we have to tear into the engine and see what Ford wants to do"…. I can't imagine Ford would want something brand-new overhauled. Obviously I am hoping for a brand-new motor, but I have no experience with having something this new (three months old and 4000 miles) blowup like this… very frustrated to say the least.
Tomorrow I am having it towed to the dealer closer to my house as I don't trust these guys any longer.

Stay tuned

Check out your lemon laws, and/or see if dealer will buy back and get you a new one. Bummer bout the truck, I'm sure someone will be making it right quickly.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lemon law. Dealer also sounds like a bunch of idiots, we all read what you said when you had the problem. That's the first thing they should have done.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Guys,

The lemon law is no quick fix. Once your lawyer files suit, your VIN is flagged and every visit to the dealer for anything related to the vehicle will have witnesses, if not video as well as regional representation for work on it. Best case, you get a settlement offer in 6-9 MONTHS.

It is absolutely possible to win a lemon law case, for sure, but it is NOT possible to win a lemon law case quickly.

What do you want, the truck? if so, you need be vocal, polite and work with Ford. If you’re done with the Rap, sue.

I am truly disheartened to hear of this failure and your misfortune. This is really a shame and I hope Ford renders repairs to you quickly, done right the first time.

Get ford performance and customer service involved, now. be polite, respectful and firm in what you want to achieve. If you want to be back in the truck, let them know you’re eager to get your Rap back on the road. Ask for regular updates. Not you chasing them down to get updates, the dealer providing you regular progress reports.

I know the lack of progress frustrates you, but keep in mind you’re not the mechanic’s only client, so they’re trying to analyze and troubleshoot one thing at a time and repair one thing at a time. they may not have gotten the unfiltered problem description from the sevice advisor. Not that this helps you, but from a troubleshooting perspective, it does happen this way sometimes.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. Fortunately, members like smurfslayer, on here with solid information on how to proceed. I opened a case with Ford regarding my missing parts and damage, going slow but looks like they are going to provide an extended warranty for all the trouble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, that really sucks... here's to hoping that Ford does the right thing and sends a new motor for installation into your truck. I'd also make sure that they replace everything that comes in contact with the oil (turbos, oil cooler, oil lines, etc...).

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a mustang blow up on me on a brand new mustang. Don't talk to the dealer about the solution, talk to a Ford Rep from their customer service hotline. Tell them what you want to have happen (don't be rude, jus tell them what you think should happen.) I did that my problem got solved very quickly. They should be replacing your engine completely, a rebuild is a poor idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter