Concerns regarding the 10 speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think so, I'll try to replicate...

it wouldn't bother me either, but the lurch could be detrimental if you're in sand and/or REALLY close to a vehicle in front of you - the extra bump could put you into the bumper... :(

When you brake hard in sport mode it downshifts harder to keep you in power so you can get back on the skinny pedal after braking

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only have 700 miles on mine, but when its set in its gear it has a slight surge jerkiness. I'm not sure if its engine or tranny to be honest. I'm going to give it some more time/miles. I just was thinking the truck should be smooth at speed.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How fast do you need to go in sport to latch last 2 gears. Seems to stay in 8th at 55 mph

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
sport wants to keep your RPMs about 2k and above, give or take, so if you’re plodding along at 60, probably not getting 9th & 10th. You’re still in OD by 8th, IIRC, 7th is 1:1.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never really had a problem with it, but I drove it pretty easy for the first 500 miles. I don't use the paddles on it either.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow. So many people so unhappy or so concerned. Very disappointing.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

I never really had a problem with it, but I drove it pretty easy for the first 500 miles. I don't use the paddles on it either.

Of course not, they are on a huge delay. Just another huge disappointment.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow. So many people so unhappy or so concerned. Very disappointing.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Of course not, they are on a huge delay. Just another huge disappointment.
Haha. You're something else man ;-)

PAW RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2500 miles on mine. Same story as everyone else. It was hunting for gears for the first 250-500 miles but it's been awesome after that. Drives like a dream.