Concerns regarding the 10 speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MKomertz

Reaction score
I'm getting concerned with the 10 Speed transmission having issues. Seems like a lot of folks beginning to have issues after 2K onward. Anyone with some success stories, ect?

Don't want to get to deep with my order if the Transmissions aren't going to function properly.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I'm getting concerned with the 10 Speed transmission having issues. Seems like a lot of folks beginning to have issues after 2K onward. Anyone with some success stories, ect?

Don't want to get to deep with my order if the Transmissions aren't going to function properly.

By “a lot of folks” how many? the less than half a dozen reported here?
out of how many thousand? I am just asking for some perspective.

You always hear the shit on the internet but you seldom see posts like ‘hey, I drove my Rap today and had zero issues’.

Maybe you have more information ?

because <knock wood> it seems to me we have a pretty fair number in the field and the bug rate appears pretty low, considering. NOT that there haven’t been some spectacular and well documented failures, but more importantly not super high volume.

OP
OP
M

MKomertz

Reaction score

You always hear the shit on the internet but you seldom see posts like ‘hey, I drove my Rap today and had zero issues’.

because <knock wood> it seems to me we have a pretty fair number in the field and the bug rate appears pretty low, considering. NOT that there haven’t been some spectacular and well documented failures, but more importantly not super high volume.

Appreciate the perspective here, but spending the money I'm spending, I want to ensure it isn't a widespread issue. That's all.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove my Raptor Today

Just wanted to say that I drove my raptor today, and not a single issue!! 3000 miles now!!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Appreciate the perspective here, but spending the money I'm spending, I want to ensure it isn't a widespread issue. That's all.

We’re all in this boat together, we’ve all spent close to the same amount.

- hey, is that an iceberg?

Your original post led me to believe you’d observed a high number of failures. it’s ok to be concerned, but be careful not to start a rumor or overdo the situation. because we will all be in the resale boat sooner or later...

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I'm about to roll 3k and have had zero issues. Like crash said it was searching frequently the first few hundred but that's just the tranny learning your driving habits. I'm actually very impressed at how well this thing responds to different scenarios. It does shift a little hard in sport but from what I've read it seems to be normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2300 miles on mine. No complaints, really impressed by it.

I think Ford has sold over 12k Raptors so far for 2017 MY in US alone, and 19k total 2017 Raptors sold worldwide. I wouldn't be worried about 3 or 4 people complaining about trans issues online.

1DXmk2

Reaction score
Like you, I read about a few transmission issues on this forum and got pretty concerned before I got my truck. In fact, I was hypersensitive to it once I got it and misinterpreted a combination of a misfiring engine (due to ****** fuel) and a transmission still in learning mode as a transmission issue...it wasn't and I wish I could delete that tread from this site as it probably just added to the perception there is some sort of widespread problem. Adding to the very few posts that note an actual problem are a few a$$holes that seem to revel in other's problems in order to make their meaningless lives seem less painful...which simply over-inflates the issue. Frankly, the truck has exceeded all the high expectations I had for it and I look forward to driving it whenever I have time. The transmission is different - it has 10 gears and shifts happen quickly up and down - but, once it finishes its learning cycle, its pretty damn impressive piece of engineering. My three previous ecoboost v-6 vehicles (all platinums) never came close to providing the driving enjoyment this one does.