Collision warning not working on new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Brand new raptor picked up last week... Everything working great but I believe my collision warning system is inop or I have something set wrong. Driving in New York highway traffic should make the alerts go off frequently I would think, but mine has yet to make a sound. I made sure it was enabled in settings and I played with all 3 levels of sensitivity.. nothing. Dynamic cruise control works normally.

Any ideas?

freddyfcs

Reaction score
It’s not sensitive as you think.I drive in ny too and this thing barely works..I have my truck for almost 3 months now and it went off maybe 2-3 times

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, with the lidar/radar, it is pretty good about not alerting unless it really feels like you are in danger of a crash. Remember, it only precharges your brakes as well (it does not brake for you). Mine has only fired twice in 2 months.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine goes off when someone cuts right in front of me and I am slow on the brakes. It has to be close.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'd have to be the worst driver in the world if you're expecting it to have already frequently went off after a single week of ownership.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Brand new raptor picked up last week... Everything working great but I believe my collision warning system is inop or I have something set wrong. Driving in New York highway traffic should make the alerts go off frequently I would think, but mine has yet to make a sound. I made sure it was enabled in settings and I played with all 3 levels of sensitivity.. nothing. Dynamic cruise control works normally.

Any ideas?

Sure.

engage the adaptive cruise control. Look at your dash, and in between lane keeping is the bar graph distance indicator. Watch carefully, when a little car icon appears over top of the bar graph, it means a vehicle is aligned on your center axis.

Send it. WFO.

If you ram the car in front, you’re right, collision warning isn’t working. If you get the red warning beforehand, you’re good to go :biggrin:

I believe the menu has a sensitivity setting for this. I set Lucille to alert for NY plates and once in a while I get someone slowing for a turn, start the turn and Lucille gets all ballistic with the collision alert. I’ve had this happen several times when we were plenty of car lengths apart. I did get a legit collision alarm when some knucklehead jammed their SUV perpendicular to traffic to make the Costco traffic light near me. I kind of knew it was a problem when it happened, but nice of her to let me know I was about to impact someone.

OP
OP
A

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd have to be the worst driver in the world if you're expecting it to have already frequently went off after a single week of ownership.

My only other experience with the system is on an ‘18 Mercedes and it goes off routinely in NY highway traffic. I set my sensitivity to high and intentionally tried to trigger it in my Raptor and couldn’t get it to go off, hence my post.

The majority of you guys are good guys but this forum seems to have an unusually high number of ******** in it.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Sure.

engage the adaptive cruise control. Look at your dash, and in between lane keeping is the bar graph distance indicator. Watch carefully, when a little car icon appears over top of the bar graph, it means a vehicle is aligned on your center axis.

Send it. WFO.

If you ram the car in front, you’re right, collision warning isn’t working. If you get the red warning beforehand, you’re good to go :biggrin:

I believe the menu has a sensitivity setting for this. I set Lucille to alert for NY plates and once in a while I get someone slowing for a turn, start the turn and Lucille gets all ballistic with the collision alert. I’ve had this happen several times when we were plenty of car lengths apart. I did get a legit collision alarm when some knucklehead jammed their SUV perpendicular to traffic to make the Costco traffic light near me. I kind of knew it was a problem when it happened, but nice of her to let me know I was about to impact someone.

Very helpful! Thanks man

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Any ideas?

Best way to make it go off without actually crashing is to come up behind a car that is turning right. The system is looking for a difference in speed between you and the object in your path . If you time it so you just clear the turning car at posted speed just as it completes it's turn it will go off every time.

OP
OP
A

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best way to make it go off without actually crashing is to come up behind a car that is turning right. The system is looking for a difference in speed between you and the object in your path . If you time it so you just clear the turning car at posted speed just as it completes it's turn it will go off every time.

That makes perfect sense, thanks bud