GEN 2 CA Emissions Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thuddles

Reaction score
Help! All previous CA Emission threads do not give a definitive answer as to whether or not all '17 Raptors can be registered in CA.

After talking to CA DMV technical compliance department today, they rely solely on a passing smog test and visual inspection of emission label under the hood. The certificate of origin is not a factor when registering your vehicle.

That being said, I'd like to compare emission stickers from members who have and don't have the "CA Emission System" as a pre-selected option while ordering.

From everything I'm seeing and hearing, any Raptor can be registered in CA despite having the "CA Emission Package" option or not.

Attached is a sticker picture I was sent for a Raptor that DOES NOT have the option. Please share yours so we can finally put this myth to rest.

Anyone who has already registered an out of state Raptor in CA without the "CA Emission Package" option is also welcome to share their experience.

Attachments

• IMG_8099.JPG
    IMG_8099.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 266

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I just want to throw this out there before someone gets excited and thinks they can get a CA truck from anywhere. There is only 25 states approved to sell or build CA compliant raptors (I will try and get the list of states). If a dealer is caught selling a raptor to a CA customer and is not approved they get a fat penalty from corporate. Keyword being getting caught. So even though you might be able to register a non compliant truck it might be hard to find a dealer willing to do it if their not allowed to. Hope this makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

thuddles

Reaction score
What is Ford's reasoning behind that? I've talked to dealers in most Midwest and East Coast states and haven't been told anything about this, despite telling them I was a CA buyer.

That list would help us out. Please post when you get your hands on it.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
What is Ford's reasoning behind that? I've talked to dealers in most Midwest and East Coast states and haven't been told anything about this, despite telling them I was a CA buyer.

That list would help us out. Please post when you get your hands on it.

I wish I knew man. But yes I just an email and asked for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why there's yet another thread created here - go look at the other thread, someone posted where they didn't have CA emissions but still got it registered in CA after having it smogged

Seems pretty definitive to me unless you don't trust someone on the internet, which then negates this entire post

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why there's yet another thread created here - go look at the other thread, someone posted where they didn't have CA emissions but still got it registered in CA after having it smogged

Seems pretty definitive to me unless you don't trust someone on the internet, which then negates this entire post

I think the point is there is still open contention what is the correct answer. I don't believe we have visual confirmation that the CA and non CA stickers are the same, and that's really what the OP was looking for. I have also been trying to get an out of state truck, but was also told they could not order me one because they were from a non CA certified state. Currently there are only 20 raptors that fit my criteria that are CA certified, but 73 that are not CA certified, so if we indeed can confirm the stickers are identical, that would be extremely helpful for finding a vehicle.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the point is there is still open contention what is the correct answer. I don't believe we have visual confirmation that the CA and non CA stickers are the same, and that's really what the OP was looking for. I have also been trying to get an out of state truck, but was also told they could not order me one because they were from a non CA certified state. Currently there are only 20 raptors that fit my criteria that are CA certified, but 73 that are not CA certified, so if we indeed can confirm the stickers are identical, that would be extremely helpful for finding a vehicle.

People have posted both CA and non CA stickers in those threads, both stickers are exactly the same

OP
OP
T

thuddles

Reaction score
Baja Fred - Can you provide a link to the thread you're mentioning? I have yet to see one that shows pictures of both stickers. I've only seen the Non-CA stickers posted. Thanks for your help.

Not trying to beat a dead horse here, just trying to get answers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

thuddles

Reaction score
Good information. Now all we need is a CA owner with the "CA Emisison System" option to post a picture of their emission sticker to prove all stickers are identical and bust the common myth that certain Raptors cannot be registered in CA.

Can't imagine too many more people would pay $20k+ ADM at their local CA dealer when they could fly somewhere and drive home at MSRP.