Buying from Costco?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend who knows I've been trying to buy a new Raptor suggested purchasing the vehicle through Costco's auto purchasing division. I didn't bother to look into it, becasuse I just assumed you wouldn't be able to purchase a Raptor this way. Also, I already have a deposit down on a truck that's coming in next week. Anyway, he told me he got a call from Mullinax Ford in Florida today and that a truck was available for MSRP. The dealer told him Costco doesn't allow vehicles to be priced above MSRP. Just thought I'd throw this out there and see if anyone else has tried using Costco to buy a Raptor.

Reaction score
I just tried through Costco after seeing your post. Their site just gave me a message that none of the dealers in my area would honor their pricing on this model. :( May be different in other areas, but sounds like dealers don't have to participate on all models.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried using the Costco program in UT, got the same message while attempting to get pricing. The participating dealer did call me though, and told me the Raptor is not part of the Costco pricing program.

OP
OP
A

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really curious to hear if even one single person gets a positive response from a dealer about purchasing a Raptor by going through Costco. I'm starting to think my friend just made this up to try to convince me he could get a better deal on a truck than I did.

Last edited:

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Based on my experience (and my appreciation for all things Costco), I highly recommend you go with www.TrueCar.com

I'm certain you'll get much better pricing from multiple dealers than what Costco can provide and there's no cost for using it.

I've purchased vehicles over the phone a number of times and going through TrueCar saves a lot of time and phone calls. Once you get the best price you can always call your preferred dealer to see if they'll beat (or at least match) the price you got from TrueCar.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Based on my experience (and my appreciation for all things Costco), I highly recommend you go with www.TrueCar.com

I'm certain you'll get much better pricing from multiple dealers than what Costco can provide and there's no cost for using it.

I've purchased vehicles over the phone a number of times and going through TrueCar saves a lot of time and phone calls. Once you get the best price you can always call your preferred dealer to see if they'll beat (or at least match) the price you got from TrueCar.

I just priced my raptor at TrueCar, it said the lowest "exceptional" price was $7000 more than I paid.

Does that mean I did ok?

And do you happen to work for TrueCar? LOL

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just priced my raptor at TrueCar, it said the lowest "exceptional" price was $7000 more than I paid.

Does that mean I did ok?

And do you happen to work for TrueCar? LOL

Lol! I buy a lot of vehicles, and TrueCar has always proven to be a very poor resource for my market area. If I paid the "exceptional" metric pricing, I would have likely given away far more $ cumulatively than it would take to buy a fully loaded '17 SCREW (over the course of the last 4 years).

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you think Costco or TrueCar can make magic happen and get you a 2017 Raptor under MSRP you need a lot more help than this place can provide :ROFLJest: