Another oil leak.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost a year old.....23K miles......spouted another leak....got the oil changed last week and the shop said it was leaking oil from the upper pan. Very slow. Honestly didn’t want to believe it and he said give it a week or two and bring it to the dealer. Anyways today coming out of work noticed the dreaded spot.....

Original leak about a year ago was fixed with a new pan and seal as so many others had as well. Off to the dealer on the 19th (first loaner avail) and will update. Frustrating

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you got it done the first time did they say how they went about repairing it?

When I got mine done they said they drained the oil, removed the pan, let the truck sit overnight to drain everything, cleaned the surface, added the gasket/sealant, installed the pan, let it sit overnight again to dry, then added oil and test drove it.

I'm at 22k with some hard offroad miles and it hasn't come back.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
man that’s disheartening. I hope you get it fixed right this time.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
4800 just started leaking. What should I do I just paid for royal purple oil, should I just run it until next oil change at like 9-10k? Or should I get it in asap to document it and have them put back in new royal purple?

Jasoncor

Reaction score
4800 just started leaking. What should I do I just paid for royal purple oil, should I just run it until next oil change at like 9-10k? Or should I get it in asap to document it and have them put back in new royal purple?

Well royal purple is just a marketing gimmick imo. I would get it fixed asap

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you were bleeding you'd address the problem, and motor oil is an engine's lifeblood.
That it needs to be fixed ASAP is so obvious that it doesn't even qualify as a no-brainer.

OP
OP
shapiroeric

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you got it done the first time did they say how they went about repairing it?

When I got mine done they said they drained the oil, removed the pan, let the truck sit overnight to drain everything, cleaned the surface, added the gasket/sealant, installed the pan, let it sit overnight again to dry, then added oil and test drove it.

I'm at 22k with some hard offroad miles and it hasn't come back.

That's how mine was fixed......my shop told me the leak was coming from the upper oil pan, not the lower.....the upper was not leaking last year and thus not fixed.....not sure how many others have had an upper issue.....most if not all the problems posted have been with the bigger lower pan.....

OP
OP
shapiroeric

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Letting them sit around in driveways, garages or dealer parking lots is Raptor abuse. We must end the cruelty of Raptor abuse.

--smurfslayer
Chairman and CEO
Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Raptors
#BlackRaptorsMatter
#AllRaptorsMatter
:biggrin:

Absolutely!!