GEN 2 Adjustable Brake Bias?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fuhrius

Reaction score
I've consumed a lot of info about this truck...before and after buying it...but an instructor at the Raptor Assault I was at yesterday said something that I'd never heard...and, frankly, I'm finding it hard to believe.

He said that the truck will change it's front / rear brake bias in Baja mode (and perhaps in mud and sand mode as well). He said it would not only change but when in baja mode it would change based on speed (something like a more rearward bias at higher speeds and a more front bias at lower speeds).

I'm very familiar with adjustable brake bias in race cars (driver-adjustable) but had never heard of such a thing on the raptor. Can anyone confirm what he suggested?

Last edited:

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've consumed a lot of info about this truck...before and after buying it...but an instructor at the Raptor Assault I was at yesterday said something that I'd never heard...and, frankly, I'm finding it hard to believe.

He said that the truck will change it's front / rear brake bias in Baja mode (and perhaps in mud and sand mode as well). HE said it would not only change but when in baja mode but when it was in baka mode is would change it based on speed (something like a more rearward bias at higher speeds and a more front bias at lower speeds).

I'm very familiar with adjustable brake bias in race cars (driver-adjustable) but had never heard of such a thing on the raptor. Can anyone confirm what he suggested?

pretty common these days. Even the cheap Scion frs/Subaru brz has electronically variable brake bias. I cant verify the Raptor has speed variable brake bias but i know for a fact it does definitely change between driving modes.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The ABS coupled with the traction/stability control already have the ability to send a finite amount of brake force to individual wheels. I don't know if it has adjustable brake bias like you're describing but I wouldn't find that hard to believe if it did. Seems it already has the systems in place to do it.