Adaptive cruise in traffic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schmagagled

Reaction score
It definitely is available in my 2018 Raptor. I'll take a video when I get a chance.

There is no LIDAR in the Raptor version of ACC.

It will bring you down to 12 MPH and then disengage just as the previous versions did that were equipped with the bumper mounted Doppler radar.

Take a look at your Raptor windshield and then take a look at any '18 Lariat + with ACC and tech. You'll see the LIDAR that we don't have in our '18 Raptors.

S.

WildClyde

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look forward to seeing the stop-go in action in your Raptor.

Stop/go definitely is NOT in my 2018 Raptor. @Schmagagled and @jaz13 are right! I have to eat my words.

1. Raptor Technology Package @ $1,950 includes:
• Lane-Keeping System
• Lane Departure Warning
• Auto High Beam
• Rain-Sensing Wipers
• Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Mitigation

No stop/go

2. I made a movie this afternoon on the 101. I was cruising at 70 with ACC on and the guy in front came to a stop. The adaptive cruise control disengaged around 10 MPH and chimed. See the movie @ http://www.azebra.com/Raptor/RaptorMovie.mp4. The movie lasts about a minute - skip to the last 20 seconds to see the quick brake action.

Last edited:

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stop/go definitely is NOT in my 2018 Raptor. @Schmagagled and @jaz13 are right! I have to eat my words.

1. Raptor Technology Package @ $1,950 includes:
• Lane-Keeping System
• Lane Departure Warning
• Auto High Beam
• Rain-Sensing Wipers
• Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Mitigation

No stop/go

2. I made a movie this afternoon on the 101. I was cruising at 70 with ACC on and the guy in front came to a stop. The adaptive cruise control disengaged around 10 MPH and chimed. See the movie @ http://www.azebra.com/Raptor/RaptorMovie.mp4. The movie lasts about a minute - skip to the last 20 seconds to see the quick brake action.

Thanks for reporting back! Too bad the 2018 Raptor doesn't have stop-go since it is a very desirable feature.

braptorin

Reaction score
Take a look at your Raptor windshield and then take a look at any '18 Lariat + with ACC and tech. You'll see the LIDAR that we don't have in our '18 Raptors.

S.

Any chance you could post some pictures of what you're describing? I've been keeping an eye out and haven't seen any examples... faster if you just show us. :)

jikjak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange, my raptor build on ford.ca clearly lists that Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go and Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection is included with the vehicle. Ill keep you guys posted wheni take delivery.

2018 Ford F-150 - Build & Price

Last edited:

Mistacheese

Reaction score
Ya, this is how it shows on Ford Canada's build page.

I have one ordered, and assumed I was getting it due to this explination, but don't know as I haven't got to test drive. The following is copied and pasted from the build site.

Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go and Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection

Included

Adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go technology† allows you to set a cruising speed and distance from the vehicle ahead. When activated, the stop-and-go feature automatically accelerates and brakes your truck while maintaining your pre-set distance. The stop-and-go technology can bring your vehicle to a complete stop in stopped traffic and resume as traffic begins to move*.

*If vehicle is stopped for more than three seconds, driver must intervene and press “RES” button or accelerator pedal to resume system operation.
†Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does the tech package have automatic braking and does it beep at you if someone stops quickly in front of you? Or is that the “collision mitigation”? And does it work with active cruise turned off ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have one ordered, and assumed I was getting it due to this explination, but don't know as I haven't got to test drive. The following is copied and pasted from the build site.

Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go and Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection

Included

Adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go technology† allows you to set a cruising speed and distance from the vehicle ahead. When activated, the stop-and-go feature automatically accelerates and brakes your truck while maintaining your pre-set distance. The stop-and-go technology can bring your vehicle to a complete stop in stopped traffic and resume as traffic begins to move*.

*If vehicle is stopped for more than three seconds, driver must intervene and press “RES” button or accelerator pedal to resume system operation.
†Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle.

I would be shocked if Ford gave this feature to Canadians, but not Americans. I assume this is a mistake on the website. I would definitely keep my foot close to the brake pedal the first time you try it in traffic.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Does the tech package have automatic braking and does it beep at you if someone stops quickly in front of you? Or is that the “collision mitigation”? And does it work with active cruise turned off ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptor does not have automatic braking. The truck beeps at you and flashes a warning, but it won't brake for you. If it senses an imminent collision, it will apply full brake pressure when you tap the brake. But you still have to press the brake to initiate the full braking.