Adaptive cruise in traffic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the adaptive cruise control and it worked great in rush hour traffic stop and go. Raptor, not so much. Great for light traffic, rush hour it sucks. Kicks off below 12mph.

braptorin

Reaction score
18 raptor will not stop and go, confirmed.

Im so confused why Ford didnt include this in the 18 (it seems to exist on other trim F150s in 2018 according to the manuals online, where Adaptive Cruise significantly changed from 17 -> 18... with that said I've had a really hard time finding definitive proof stop and go works on any 2018 Ford F150s)

WildClyde

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
18 raptor will not stop and go, confirmed.

My 2018 Raptor does stop and go but you have to hit resume to go from a full stop if you are stopped for more than 3 seconds. From the 2018 F150 Owner's Manual (page 242):
"Following a Vehicle to a Complete Stop
If your vehicle follows a vehicle to a complete stop and remains stationary for less than three seconds, your vehicle accelerates from a stationary position to follow the vehicle ahead.
If your vehicle follows a vehicle to a complete stop and remains stationary for more than three seconds, press RES+ or the accelerator pedal to follow the vehicle ahead."

Note: Adaptive Cruise Control has to be enabled in the Information Display -> Settings screen in order for it to work at all.

Also note: I read in a 2018 Raptor review at http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2017/06/2018-ford-f-150-gets-more-safety-technology.html that: "Raptor offers stop-start only in Normal and Weather modes".

Last edited:

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2018 Raptor does stop and go but you have to hit resume to go from a full stop if you are stopped for more than 3 seconds. From the 2018 F150 Owner's Manual (page 242):
"Following a Vehicle to a Complete Stop
If your vehicle follows a vehicle to a complete stop and remains stationary for less than three seconds, your vehicle accelerates from a stationary position to follow the vehicle ahead.
If your vehicle follows a vehicle to a complete stop and remains stationary for more than three seconds, press RES+ or the accelerator pedal to follow the vehicle ahead."

Note: Adaptive Cruise Control has to be enabled in the Information Display -> Settings screen in order for it to work at all.

Also note: I read in a 2018 Raptor review at 2018 Ford F-150 Gets More Safety Technology - PickupTrucks.com News that: "Raptor offers stop-start only in Normal and Weather modes".

Have you tested it in traffic or are you just going off what is in the main F-150 manual? That article you quoted was refering to the engine stop-start, not adaptive cruise.

WildClyde

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you tested it in traffic or are you just going off what is in the main F-150 manual? That article you quoted was refering to the engine stop-start, not adaptive cruise.

I have tested it in real traffic!

Page 242 is Adaptive Cruise Control, not Start-stop. See picture of the manual.

The referenced article is talking about adaptive cruise control with what Ford calls stop and go - this is NOT the same as Engine start-stop: "To better serve pickup buyers looking for more safety systems and better fuel economy, the new F-150 will offer segment-first adaptive cruise control with stop-start across the powertrain lineup (Raptor offers stop-start only in Normal and Weather modes)."

Another reference from Ford - see bullet four - New adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go functionality:
https://social.ford.com/en_US/story/vehicle-type/truck/First-Look-at-the-New-2018-Ford-F-150.html

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 10.45.41 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 10.45.41 AM.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have tested it in real traffic!

Page 242 is Adaptive Cruise Control, not Start-stop. See picture of the manual.

The referenced article is talking about adaptive cruise control with what Ford calls stop and go - this is NOT the same as Engine start-stop: "To better serve pickup buyers looking for more safety systems and better fuel economy, the new F-150 will offer segment-first adaptive cruise control with stop-start across the powertrain lineup (Raptor offers stop-start only in Normal and Weather modes)."

Another reference from Ford - see bullet four - New adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go functionality:
https://social.ford.com/en_US/story/vehicle-type/truck/First-Look-at-the-New-2018-Ford-F-150.html

lariat, king ranch, and limited can have stop-go, but you are the first to have reported this is available in raptor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter