GEN 2 Adaptive Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The cruise works good, but it is a proctologist. Is there any way you can change the seconds spacing to more than 3 or 4 seconds? Or can the dealer?

OP
OP
D

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is 3 settings, all in seconds. 3.4 is the highest setting. For rural roads in the winter there is no need of being 3 seconds behind somebody. I want some room. 255 feet is to close at 50 mile an hour. Freeway driving, fine, you have to tuck in tight.

OP
OP
D

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tks for the informative answer. Your type of answer is what makes this forum so good

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I wasn’t going for this when I went looking for the Raptor, but like many of the other pricey options on the truck, it actually works pretty good. I just used the adaptive cruise on the Capital Beltway at about 9:30 PM. I was able to leave the cruise on for the whole time i was on 495, which is something I haven’t been able to do since i worked shift work. There’s always some knucklehead wanting to do 10mph less than everyone else, the lumbering, way the F*** overloaded contractor vehicle, carpet installers are a particular favorite, cell yakkers, Fast and Furious imitators and everything in between. And in pretty dense volume.

The cruise worked awesome. it kept pace and distance with zero drama.
I get so few opportunities to use it, I may have to make an opportunity to try out the arrows to alter following distance.