Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

4 Auto Issue

This is a discussion on 4 Auto Issue within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by Jeff-Ohio Thanks to all for your help. I am dropping it off again tomorrow for a more ...

User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2017, 03:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

Raptor + KTM = Good Times

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Jeff-Ohio View Post
Thanks to all for your help. I am dropping it off again tomorrow for a more serious issue (truck doesn't shift right and sort of surges while trying to maintain a steady speed), so I will have them look at the 4 Auto issue. Aside from loud clunks, I am guessing they will tell me the noise I am hearing in 4 Auto is normal, but I didn't hear it at all on a 2017 Limited that I drove with the 10-speed transmission. I will keep everybody posted on what I find out. They just had my truck for 8 days with respect to the surging issue and thought it was due to a bad spark plug in cylinder #6 (it threw a misfire code for cylinder 6), but that apparently wasn't the issue because I am still having the same problem. I love the truck, but just want it to run right.
Sorry to hear abut that, best to get it fixed right. This also tells me to take a test drive while at the dealership picking up my truck this weekend instead of just driving it straight home.
pughde likes this.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Jeff-Ohio View Post
I hate reaching out and asking these questions, but I'm not sure if I have an issue with the 4 Auto on my 2017 Raptor or not. When you put your truck in 4 Auto and hit the gas, do you hear a swooshing noise, or something that sounds like "Shshshshshshshshshsh"? It isn't overly loud, but it is obviously drawing my attention. It goes away when I take my foot off the gas. I definitely do not hear the same noise while hitting the gas in to 2 High.
I put my truck into weather mode today while a light snow was falling. I hear the same sound you are describing. I don't know what it is. I only have a couple hundred miles on the truck as well.
theOracle13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue? I'm having the same issues on my Gen 2 Raptor with 4A and the noise...
pughde likes this.
gocloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 03:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by gocloud View Post
Has anyone found a resolution to this issue? I'm having the same issues on my Gen 2 Raptor with 4A and the noise...
I still hear the same noise. I am beginning to think it is somewhat normal. 4A on this truck is definitely not as smooth and seamless as an Acura MDX, etc.... My 2011 Armada 4A mode even seems much more refined to the degree that you can flip the switch between 2H and 4A and I wouldn't be able to tell a difference, but that definitely isn't the case with the Raptor due to the noise, a mild binding feel when accelerating in a straight line, and a mild tug on the steering wheel when coming out of a turn as the system starts engaging the front wheels.
Jeff-Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

just a lil info. i only had the raptor a few days. but on the test drive i did put it in to 4a. sale's guy didn't know it could be used on dry roads lol. i noticed no difference then the 4a in my 14 lariat heavy duty, aside from the power of the truck. the sound of the front engaging and disengaging is only noticeable with the radio off. i can definitely feel the pull and feed back in the steering wheel. but so far seams the same as my 14. i will agreee the 4a isn't as refined as the acura mdx. but the mdx is a front primary with rear for traction.

edit i have actually drove the new truck almost 500 miles since last friday @12pm.
dlbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 02:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
Finder of Raptors

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

I recommend turning the radio up louder. Should solve the noise problem.
Speedemon likes this.
photoneffect is offline   Reply With Quote