2017 Raptor Pano Moonroof leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasLaw07

Reaction score
Folks, I have been having issues with my Raptor since it was purchased. Initially water leaked into the driver’s side below the pedals and onto the carpet. I took it to the dealership and they claimed to have fixed the problem; however, a few weeks later I noticed a wrench error on my system. I took it to the dealership and the code went MIA. Weeks passed and it rained and the code came on again, I took it to different dealership for service and they told me water was seeping into the BCM and fuse box. I took it to the original dealership and they had my truck for a week. Today it rained and water was pouring in at a rapid rate from the moon roof. Does anyone have this issue.

mamula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks, I have been having issues with my Raptor since it was purchased. Initially water leaked into the driver’s side below the pedals and onto the carpet. I took it to the dealership and they claimed to have fixed the problem; however, a few weeks later I noticed a wrench error on my system. I took it to the dealership and the code went MIA. Weeks passed and it rained and the code came on again, I took it to different dealership for service and they told me water was seeping into the BCM and fuse box. I took it to the original dealership and they had my truck for a week. Today it rained and water was pouring in at a rapid rate from the moon roof. Does anyone have this issue.

Warranty should cover it. Unless you exceeded the 40k miles.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Take it to a different dealer.

MurMech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't use sunroofs for that reason, if I had it I wouldn't touch it, I don't see me using it lol,
There have been fixes for the moonroof issues, just do a search and see what you come up with or I can find it for you if you can't

thewheel82

Reaction score
I may be having the moon roof leak also however my passenger side floorboard is getting wet. It is with the dealership and I am waiting get the diagnosis back.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's horrible! the sunroof is one of my favorite options and I use it all the time. I've never had even a drop of water. I would definitely take back to the dealer and make them fix it.

OP
OP
T

TexasLaw07

Reaction score
So the leak was caused by a combination of the moonroof and corner of the truck's windshield. The service department wanted to remove the carpet to sanitize and fix the issue. After much brainstorming, the dealership gave me 62k in trade in value for my 2017 with 20k miles and gave me a 2018 with 6k miles for 2k more. The 2018 had numerous accessories. I can't complain.

Attachments

• IMG_5277.jpg
    IMG_5277.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5276.jpg
    IMG_5276.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited: