What do you think of this NEW wheel by BMF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Impractical on the Raptor unless you never drive off-road and never see mud. You can only fit short sidewall street tires on those 20" rims inside the Raptor wheel wells, and even if you could get decent AT or MT tires those wheels would be a bitch to clean after an off-road excursion.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20's aren't as bad as everybody makes them seem. You won't bend a wheel if you hit a pebble, and your truck won't ride like a civic with chopped springs. There are off road disadvantages but people tend to over exaggerate quite a bit. When I had a Tacoma many years ago the members on that forum were the same way "20's can't go off road" etc. One guy had 20's and 33's and he constantly beat on them and never had any issues. Was it the best tire for the job? No. Did he still do more off road than me and my 17's? YES

So I say get what you like. But FYI I distribute BMF and many of their wheels are fairly light but this is not one. This wheel weighs 45lbs

Here is the Tacoma member mentioned above
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfCDZMet44c&index=65&list=UU8WPn0Ka8xWfIQkveACmXiw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfCDZMet44c&index=65&list=UU8WPn0Ka8xWfIQkveACmXiw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMQ0oD15eJA&list=UU8WPn0Ka8xWfIQkveACmXiw

And here Fuel is testing their original Mud Gripper Tire (size 35x12.50R20's) on a long travel Tundra
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-QJcEkXtO4

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 20's, and I run them off road, without a problem. I also realize that my truck is not a trophy truck. I have jumped it and run it through terrain far rougher then some of the stuff I have seen in pictures without a single problem. My thought is, if you like the wheel, get it. I think they would be horrible to clean, but then some don't think a Raptor should ever be cleaned.

5280SVT6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 22" Fuel Trophy rims with 325 Nittos are just fine for the guy not looking to jump his rig. The ride of my tires is as nice if not better than the stock BFG. I'm happy with the amount of sidewall as well. Doesn't look like it's out of place at all to me and handles mud with ease. I know they aren't everyone's cup of tea (especially on FRF) but the ride quality can't really be used as a valid reason for sticking with smaller diameter wheels (again unless you're driving like you're in Baja). Just my .02
imagejpg4_zpsc4071f36.jpg

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Comments and pics are all great! We settled on 20" and she seems partial to the fuel hostage in matte black. She thinks a little metal helps accent the silver. We shall see. Was going toyo at 2, but I'm now leaning to their new R/T as its a hybrid AT and MT. Supposedly has a quiet ride as well.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Comments and pics are all great! We settled on 20" and she seems partial to the fuel hostage in matte black. She thinks a little metal helps accent the silver. We shall see. Was going toyo at 2, but I'm now leaning to their new R/T as its a hybrid AT and MT. Supposedly has a quiet ride as well.

I have the R/T's. They're pretty awesome

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are they quiet in road compared to BFG?

Just as quiet so far. The only negative I've really noticed is a very slight rumble at very slow speeds, less than 5mph. Probably from the larger amount of space in between side lugs. Changing my psi might help but I haven't messed with it yet cause it's hardly noticeable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter