Offset question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiTechRedneck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys - first off, been on the forum a while but haven't posted much as I haven't really done too many mods yet, but appreciate all the wisdom shared here.
Just ordered my new wheel (I'm tool old to call them rims!) and tire setup and want to double check the offset. No jumping (although I have done more than my share in a built 78 Blazer), some playing in the mud and on the trails in Arkansas and not afraid to do some trimming and or hammering where needed. Don't want to change the suspension, haven't done mid perch, but I could if necessary.
Wheels are Method DS in 18x9 with -6 offset. Tires are NittoTrail Grappler in 12.5 x 35
My concern is the -6 vs. a 0 offset but I'm told the 18x9 is only available in -6
Any advice from the experts?
Thanks!!

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A vast majority of forum members run the Method DS without issue. You will be fine.

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
17x8.5 are 0 offset or 4.75 back space. Your rims are -6 or 4.5 backspace but keep in mind they are 9 wide so this offset basically gives you a 1/4 on each side evenly spacing the extra width. You are good to go. Tires will stick out 1 inch more than stock approx. It will look good. Pretty standard for methods

OP
OP
HiTechRedneck

HiTechRedneck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys! I was pretty sure that was the case but wanted to confirm!
Back in my day, offset just meant we were running chrome reverse with J60's!